Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere for a replacement screen for a Gigabyte 14" laptop... I've searched and only found a Manchester one that I've e-mailed so wondered if any others could be suggested.

:)

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
14" widescreen?

I Fix them In my shop in Derby city centre

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did wonder if you'd see this :)

It's a 14" 1366x768 LCD. I'm happy enough giving a go fitting it (have done 1 screen before) though would pop in if I was still Loughborough way!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
If its a cathode screen with a backlight rather than LED I cant get new ones anymore. I have grade A used ones for £50 + £30 fitting.

If Your too far away the HP pavilion dv2000 is a good source of them as they have good screens and Always go wrong - cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If its a cathode screen with a backlight rather than LED I cant get new ones anymore. I have grade A used ones for £50 + £30 fitting.

If Your too far away the HP pavilion dv2000 is a good source of them as they have good screens and Always go wrong - cheap on ebay.
Cheers, will have a look. As I'd only done 1 before wasn't 100% sure on the connectors... I'm perfectly happy with desktop upgrades/builds etc.

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
They were spot on

The screen was the same make as the OE , I had to send the laptop back to Lenovo to fix the hard drive as that went kapput too

They replaced the broken trim around the screen too , I was a little worried as it was all warranty work and thought they'd pick up on the replaced screen but all was good .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts