Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Depends what your usage will be. I had a samsung netbook for 2/3 years as i was going to use it for internet and word docs. I barely used it for long typing sessions so gave it to my sister and now use a nexus 10. Much better tool and much quicker than a netbook/laptop because the operating system is not so demanding. If i ever use spreadsheets or word docs i go back to the laptop because you cant beat a physical keyboard,Although you could invest in a bluetooth keyboard.
For speed, ease of use, applications, battery life and portability. Tablets are hard to beat

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
A home I have an iPad and a couple of high spec desktops, one on a desk and anther home theatre PC. I no longer see the need for a laptop for my own personal use.

For myself I still need to keep a full blown PC but would rather have a desktop or a HTPC which can be repaired easily and cheaply by myself. For portability the iPad suits me fine.

I have a laptop at work but can't remember the last time it actually left site since I was TUPE'ed from an IT company into an internal IT department.

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
Has anyone here ditched their laptop for a tablet?
My cousin bought a massive phone the other day so he can use it both as a tablet and phone. Its too big to carry it with you but he says he doesnt mind. Its the samsung note 8 if im not mistaken

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I just use a tablet, my laptop has been reconfigured as a media server primarily with secondary function as a photography workstation using lightroom.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I got a Samsung tablet with the idea of it replacing my laptop for travel purposes. However, it i really useless for doing anything other than basic email, surfing the web, pictures etc. Although you can edit word and excel docs, it is pretty difficult to do so and very slow/frustrating with no proper keypad. So now I end up taking both the laptop and tablet....:rolleyes:

Maybe I should invest in one of the bluetooth keyboards mentioned above and give it another try?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
What tablet do you have out of interest?
I have been doing a 2000 word essay on my nexus 10 and found it fairly easy in portrait mode.
Bluetooth keyboard will help if you don't link the onscreen keyboard for typing marathons

·
Registered
12,226 Posts
I have both. Tablets are great - easier to use for simple tasks, but can't replace laptops for some serious usage (in my world at least:) ).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts