Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me Alfisti, for I have sinned. It's been 13 years since my last confession.

As a reckless youth, I was the proud owner of a 145 Cloverleaf. It got into my blood from the beginning, and I held onto it for nearly 2 years, despite the nerve-shredding trips to the garage resulting in expensive repairs. In the end I had to let her go, as the various financial institutions that I used to pay for said repairs became increasingly more tight-fisted about giving me money.

Since that time, I've owned a string of reliable but soulless cars. My sins have included 2 Honda Civics, 2 Ford Focus's, and even 1 Vauxhall Astra (please don't judge me).

After a long spiritual introspection, I have again been presented with the divine vision that there's far more to life than "playing it safe". I need some passion and fire back in my life.

Thus, I have come to the only possible conclusion- I need an Alfa back in my life, and I need one quickly.

Family commitments dictate that a Giulietta is the car for me, but I am torn between the 1.4MA 170 and the 2.0jtdm 170, and this is where I need the help of my fellow disciples.

Yes I've read the specs, and know the numbers inside out. But it's the intangibles that vex me- does the diesel 'feel' any slower in real-world driving? Does the MA come equipped with the lusty Alfa engine noise of old? How much cooler does it look with twin tailpipes? etc etc

So my brethren and sistren, please give me your forgiveness and help me back into the fold.

·
Administrator
87,747 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts