Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Sleek, stylish, sloppy and screwy?

• Total voters
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My father owned a Gamma Coupe in 1978 and I still remember my astonishment when I first saw it get home through my bedroom's window. I just could see its endless front end in side view; I loved it forever. I still love it because it's got a muted elegance, a kind of subtle charm that don´t break necks but makes you admire and contemplate it. Of course, it was a mechanical nightmare and it suffered from blown head gaskets. For its looks (including its incredible rims); for being the first car that reached 200km/h on the clock with me in, and for its excellent dynamic comfort, it´s a SUB-ZERO.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,848 Posts
I still love it because it's got a muted elegance, a kind of subtle charm that don´t break necks but makes you admire and contemplate it.
^^^ this :)

·
Registered
34,758 Posts
I have driven my friends Gamma Coupe shown here and it is lovely. You can feel the low c of g of the boxer engine. The black car shown I've also been in at the 25th anniversary meet in Turin. Superb.
My friend has recently had the interior of his Gamma retrimmed with the correct monogrammed fabric.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
How comfortable do those seats look?

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
It's cool because of the many awful design faults and built in unreliability. Also - it is a Lancia.

Lookswise I think it is very clearly a slightly squashed and elongated Mercedes SL

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
It's cool because of the many awful design faults and built in unreliability. Also - it is a Lancia.

Lookswise I think it is very clearly a slightly squashed and elongated Mercedes SL
Sort of an SLC for people more bothered about the journey than the destination.

It would have been stunning as a ragtop.

·
Registered
34,758 Posts
A stunning car by the same designer as the original Ferrari Dino concept.
And yes, it’s a Lancia. One of the most innovative marques in history. Ok , the Gamma was supposed to be related to the Citroen CX and they decided not to at the last minute, but it beautiful.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts