Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I saw it last week already.

Sadly, I've given up on buying a new Alfa Romeo, they are not value for money those cars. The only Alfa's I'll consider buying are GTV or GTA and that's it, I want real Alfa's...everytime I think of R300k and half leather something happens in my system and its not a good thing.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Ag...I'm not comparing the G to any other cars...it competition, the G6 GTi, is also crap, somany people have it.

I think the Giulietta is worth like 260k used...not 369k new...

Yesterday a red 1750 drove by with MP plates, there are now 4 in Secunda...all 4 of them have 17's on...like seriously wtf Alfa. Your top fo the range model looks kak with 17's...fit 18's as standard pls.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
****. Lance if 1 inch of rim is whats bothering you for the purchase of a car.. please... Pretty please.. stick to VW

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
That 1inch bothers me alot...I bought another VW yesterday:p but this time for my sister lol...

I just can't get over the fact that Alfa gives us cars that we know can be better and they deliberately adopt an AUDI mindset and keep all the nice stuff in the parts bin and give us bare minimum for HELLA CASH.

Take the 159 Ti 1750...that car is spec'd properly, did you see the seats? How does Alfa in their right minds, put such nice seats in the 159 but not in the flagship GQV model? Why didn't they just also add alcantara with the leather instead of cloth?

Other than those 2 gripes, i got no issue with the cars...

I'll wait untill they are R250-270kph and buy one sometime next year when someone else has already taken the knock, now I'm on a busso trip, then I'll let the GTi goa dn crave turbo power again and then consider a GQV...with 18's and leather:cheese:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All my friends with G's were able to spec it with full leather, and one has 18's on. The price Alfa has the car up for, is a good price. Compare the 125kW Giulietta with anything else in it's class, it's really priced well. The GQV has some serious kit attached to it that's why there's a R50K difference between it and the G Multi Air. It has different suspension, more comprehensive spec and a different engine.

Buy your G. Spec it with full leather and 18" wheels. Realise it's not a Golf and will cost you more.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
That 1inch bothers me alot...I bought another VW yesterday:p but this time for my sister lol...

I just can't get over the fact that Alfa gives us cars that we know can be better and they deliberately adopt an AUDI mindset and keep all the nice stuff in the parts bin and give us bare minimum for HELLA CASH.

Take the 159 Ti 1750...that car is spec'd properly, did you see the seats? How does Alfa in their right minds, put such nice seats in the 159 but not in the flagship GQV model? Why didn't they just also add alcantara with the leather instead of cloth?

Other than those 2 gripes, i got no issue with the cars...

I'll wait untill they are R250-270kph and buy one sometime next year when someone else has already taken the knock, now I'm on a busso trip, then I'll let the GTi goa dn crave turbo power again and then consider a GQV...with 18's and leather:cheese:
Thats just it Lance, you wont. You are just never gonna drive one. you will say you will. you might even get finance for one.. hell you might even sell the golf. But you will never ow a G. Why you may ask.. The same reason you wont own a GT or a GTV. cause its not a golf. and you just cant make up your damn mind.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Yes Ian... of course it has a fuel rail...duh

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Aha, and that's where you are wrong! I've always rushed into things...I've since grown up alot and realize that there is a time and a place for everything. I would have driven the G by now...hell would have had it mapped by now! Thank GOD He have me the last bit of sense I needed and i reaffirmed my goals for 2012...which was to get a busso, no ian the golf does nto have that, that is art and that art is what I want. The Golf does however have an engine cover made of plastic JUST LIKE the G's plastic cover.:cheese:

See this is where we differ, I somehow suspect that Master Paul will dive at anything Alfa Romeo throws at him, I can remember the rants with your GT 3.2, then you had it up for sale and I can recall that you were not goig to buy an Alfa AGAIN! you even considered a Nissan 350Z...Like you, I also like different things, I still want to own an M3 somewhere in my lifetime.

If i still had the mentality of the OLD 2011 Lance I would have had the GQV, mapped and had the 19" Rotiforms on the car that I had a downpayment on aswell...luckily I know the guys very well and my money was given back, same as the downpayment for the Powerjet 3...so I would say that my mind was QUITE FIRMLY MADE UP...seeing as I went ass 1st into the decision and already knew and made efforts, financial efforts to get the performance and styling parts for the car lol...you have NO idea.

I must say I'm very content now knowing I haven't bought the G, don't get me wrong I like it, but I like it for under R300k with leather etc.

My not buying one was/is simply a matter of signing on the dotted line for xyz reasons...and I didn't, and me, my wife and probably my 2 kids are perfectly happy with that decision, and we'll be even happier if we wash the cars like we do every thursday night and we get to wash a GTA or a GTV as well.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Yes...I look after my cars very well, which is why i get offended when dealerships offer me peanuts fo rmy car...madhirs I'll tell you this, when I buy my GTV it will be one of the cleanest in SA!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I would also do that if I had half a chance but between getting home at 5, making supper, bathing kids and having them in bed by 7h30, no chance in hell.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Jeez..ohk my routine sounds about the same here's what we do, we don't see our kids during the day, so which means we see them for 3 hours a day during the week, which for us is unacceptable, so we do literaly everything with them...thursdays is carwash day and while momy is watchign her soaps with kristin, karli and I wash the GTi...she has her own wash mit lmfao! That way we spend time with our kids. We make quick dinners, and eat together on the table as a family (ppl don't do this anymore???) unfortunately our kids don't sleep at our time...they sleep when they are tired lol...please let me in on the secret to let them sleep at 7h30...

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
the secret is routine Lance...... tough love sometimes.... I have a hard time applying this to Aiden, but if its 8:00 pm, its bedtime..... like it or not.
They get used to it in a very short time
Back on topic, sort of.... due to lack of time my cars end up being dirty and not getting cleaned/washed every week..... sometimes I only get to do this once a month (sorry, I am ashamed to admit this :( ) but when I do wash them, it takes me all day. I clean everything...... inside wheel arches, hinges, motor (wipe with cloth, never pressure wash), lethaer treatment, polish, then wax, the full monty really.
I need to do this on my own however, its my therapy !. Aiden washes his "trapkar" next to me though :lol:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.