1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Gee looks real to me ! - I would never know it wasnt a Lambourghini unless the owner told me !:eek:

And the wheels look very expensive as well ! :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
The thing is the Solstice isn't a bad looking car by modern american standards. I imagine it's probably **** but it looks OK. That will still be **** and looks like **** too.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
And from my observations recently those wheels are the standard fit on the Solstice? Fair do's the Solstice that I viewed locally is not a bad looking 'fresh air motoring effort', and the price is not too extortionate either? Much better to get one of those than a having a GRP sharp edged box looking replica I think?:):

·
Registered
168 Posts
Murcielago replica :eek: :rant:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini-Murcielago-Replica-EASY-PAYMENTS-OPTIONS_W0QQitemZ110367769512QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item110367769512

Do the builders honestly think "UNLESS you park a real MURCIELAGO next to it, NO ONE WILL KNOW it's not a Real Lamborghini, UNLESS YOU TELL THEM !!!" :cheese:

With its front engine, standard Solstice interior and horrendously ugly looks.....yeah no one will notice
There should be laws against this. But just thinking of the person that spanked $36.6k on a car which looks this poor, poor chap or lady won't be able to drive it anywhere without people bursting into laughter.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Looks poo :eek:

·
Registered
864 Posts
I think this car is OK.
I kind of agree...

I'm not saying it looks like a real Lamborghini, but on the other hand it looks well built and finished, and to get a project like this off the ground must have meant several people putting in an awful lot of time and effort.

Funnily enough I saw one of those Ferrari 355 replicas yesterday. It was also very well finished and detailed. Obviously it still looked all wrong because the basic proportions of the donor car (Fiero / MR2?) were fundamentally different. However I was left wondering why anyone would spend all that money on a replica when they could have bought a real Ferrari (308GT4 or Mondial) for the same outlay... and a real Ferrari would be a genuine investment.

J

·
0 Posts
but why buy it??

Why spend over $30,000 on something that is a fake, its like buying a Rolex that costs a grand with the thought of 'it looks near enough' so it will do

$30,000 would buy a nice up-together sports car, nothing too flash, but certainly something with style

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
i must confess that - as i've said before - i don't get these replicas. The real car fans can spot them a mile away as fakes, no matter how high their build quality might be. Then you have Joe Blow, who might not realise it's a fake. And this is where it gets messy; Alan Partridge type bluff messy.

'ooh, i like your Ferrari, can i look inside'

'erm, yes, ok. Be careful with the upholstery. Several cows died creating that specially created plastic ambience'.

'hmm, it looks just like my MR2 inside. Why has the steering got a Toyota badge on it?' Pause....'it's not a Ferrari, is it?'

'Look, why don't you just fu5k off, ok?'

I don't understand why you would want to pretend to be driving a Ferrari, when you're not? It shouts self-esteem issues/trust issues/wool-pulling.

At least the AC Cobra replicas are true to the original and are a respectful homage to them. But tatting up an MR2 (which is hardly a duffer) to look like a fake Ferrari? I'd be reluctant to do business with anyone that drove one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts