Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girlfriend has really come up Trumps this christmas:) so I have a choice of driving one of the above around Silverstone .Whilst i think they may all differ slightly from the peugeot I wondered if anyone had done one of these experience days and could offer their wisdom?:)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
No ..but that won't stop me offering my armchair wisdom :cheese:

All great cars but:

The Vantage is a fantastic car but I would want it for a Scottish highlands weekend so I could properly get into the James Bond fantasy.

The Ferrari is fabulous too but one day a 308 or Mondial may be on your shopping list.

But owning a Lambo is an impossible dream for almost all of us and Lamboghini is very much at the top of its game at the moment.

Gallardo for me.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Vantage - beautiful, most stylish one, being chosen with good taste in cars, performance probably slightly worse that Italians

360 - classic, maybe a bit slower than Gallardo, but damn more fun to drive that beautifuly balanced RWD and screaming V8 behind you

Gallardo - excellent piece of engineering but I dont like the 4WD and its a bit trampy, remind me of rich footballers.

My choice - Vantage to own, Ferrari to have a spin around the Silverstone.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
My mate recently test drove a new Vantage and said it felt slow and boring compared to his E46 M3. More of a cruiser than a 'blow your doors in and soil yourself' supercar.

The Ferrarri 360 is supposed to be a cracker but getting on a bit now.

I would go for the Gallardo for sure.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,532 Posts
having driven a 360 on a track i can fully recommend choosing this one. an amazing machine with such an atmosphere about it. awesome

i dont view AM as a track car, i would much rather drive one on the road

as much as i love Lamborghini, i think the Gallardo is a jumped up Audi. be a different story if it was a Murcielago though

Ferrari gets my vote

·
Administrator
46,876 Posts
David is spot on (or so, in a more succinct manner, is mudhut). The Aston would be the one to own, and certainly the one to go on a Grand Tour in. But for a one-off track run, it would be the last of the three.

Not sure which I'd pick between the Lambo and the Ferrari though.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I am being swayed by the Lamborghini. If I was having one for the weekend it would probably be the Aston .

·
Administrator
46,876 Posts

·
Administrator
46,876 Posts
Tell me about it. If I ever win the lottery, my first call will be to the rental company to organise buying it from them, and my second to RS Williams to organise doing it up to showroom condition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts