Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we have the second to last iteration of the Diablo. Most of the panels except for the roof and doors are made of carbon fiber and the displacement increase upped the power by 20%. It was produced between 2000 and 2001.

Engine: 60º V12
Displacement: 5,992 cc
Aspiration: Natural
Power: 550 bhp (410 kW) @ 7,100 rpm
Torque: 457 lb·ft @ 5,500 rpm
Configuration: Mid-engined, all-wheel drive
Weight: 1,625 kg (3,583 lbs)
0 - 60 mph: 3.95 seconds
0 - 100 mph: 8.9 seconds
Top speed: 205 mph (329.9 km/h)

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
another one i will have to come back to.....on one hand i love it....and the schoolboy in me loves it as well....

but the sensible person says all manner of negative things about it

Love the firing order listing on the plenium :D

having spent all that money i would be more than p*****d to find that the indicator stalk looks to have more than a passing resemblance to the one in a 916 GTV, as does the air vents :lol:

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another one i will have to come back to.....on one hand i love it....and the schoolboy in me loves it as well....

but the sensible person says all manner of negative things about it
Mr. Sensible can't be near a Lamborghini.

In fact, Mr. Sensible shouldn't even be in the same sentence with Lamborghini.

Mr. Sensible likes the Toyota Prius. Enough said.

K

·
0 Posts
It's a supercar. Everyone who sees you in it will assume, rightly or wrongly, that you're a ******. when you park it in a normal car park you won't be able to get out because it's fourteen feet wide. People will stop and ask "Is that kit car based on a VW Beetle?"

Seriously uncool.

M

·
0 Posts
Way cool, as they say.

Have to use a "mother and child" parkng bay at Tesco. I've never been asked if it is a kit car and I'm not sure I'm a ****** either.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
absolutly love these. my favourite car of all time:cool::D

prefer the early ones tbh. pop up headlights look much better, and my particular favourite is the se30 with the Jota upgrades.

the 5.7 v12 also sounds better than the 6.0:D much more thumppy soundtrack

The last of the propper lambos, excellent:thumbs::cool::D

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
It's a supercar. Everyone who sees you in it will assume, rightly or wrongly, that you're a ******. when you park it in a normal car park you won't be able to get out because it's fourteen feet wide. People will stop and ask "Is that kit car based on a VW Beetle?"

Seriously uncool.
supercars are supposed to be daft, and knowone does that better than Lamborghini:D

and i wouldnt care what anyone thinks. they will you are less of a **** than someone who drives a ferrari for instance:D

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
that purple colour is my favourite, closely followed by yellow, then orange:D

this purple, on an se30 jota:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
You're right, the earlier Diablos do look better. Plus even though this one has one of Lamborghini's better interiors, that's still not saying much. So I only gave it 'cool', even though I'd obviously love to have a go in one..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Last of the proper Lambos - "sounds like Armageddon" as I recall one car tester of the time describing it. Of course it's cool.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,848 Posts
*meekly puts up hand*...'but sir, I don't like it'.

I have never liked the Diablo. I love Lamborghini, but for me, it's the Diablo I could live with never seeing again. I can't put my finger on what it is though. I look at it, and the word 'wrong' just comes back. But not wrong in the wrong/right way the Countach or the-one-that-begins-with-M is wrong but right, it's just wrong, naff and cheesy.

So, uncool. Sorry.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
*meekly puts up hand*...'but sir, I don't like it'.

I have never liked the Diablo. I love Lamborghini, but for me, it's the Diablo I could live with never seeing again. I can't put my finger on what it is though. I look at it, and the word 'wrong' just comes back. But not wrong in the wrong/right way the Countach or the-one-that-begins-with-M is wrong but right, it's just wrong, naff and cheesy.

So, uncool. Sorry.
strange:confused::lol:

you think the countach looks right but the diablo wrong, yet there basically the same? diablo is just sleeker, but both, mad! like mad, thats what lambo did best:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts