Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody from AO :)
I decided to convert the doors into scissor doors.
This is my dream from a long time,now I have the perfect car for such tuning :)
My car is AR GTV 1999 2.0 T.S with nice 6000k xenon and platin p50 rims,now it`s turn for lamborgini doors :)
Are there any problems with them?And what is the price of good lambo kit?
I need your help :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hello everybody from AO :)
I decided to convert the doors into scissor doors.
This is my dream from a long time,now I have the perfect car for such tuning :)
My car is AR GTV 1999 2.0 T.S with nice 6000k xenon and platin p50 rims,now it`s turn for lamborgini doors :)
Are there any problems with them?And what is the price of good lambo kit?
I need your help :)
mate that sounds well cool bud yea be well interested in how much it would cost :)

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Too expensive?

I've been thinking of doing this for a while but only if I can find some at a more reasonable price, they retail for between £1100 -£1500:wow:.

I've had a couple of Smart roadsters with them & the only drawback is when you forget & try to open normally, you look a right pillock!:rolleyes:

Clive

Attachments

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
i reckon the GTV is a perfect car for such a conversion, you might actually be able to get out of it if someone parks next to you then :lol:

·
Registered
365 Posts
hmm, each to their own I suppose...I think its an abomination and only suits the hypercars that don them from the factory..merciallago, SLR, merc gulwings etc...conversions look chav no matter what car.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Reading the generic instructions on the site linked to above as I was curious as to how they work, I see one ( possibly minor ) difficulty for the 916 GTV/Spider. The top door hinge bracket is shared with the bonnet so that may prevent the use of a generic kit and probably require a specific kit for the GTV/Spider.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dont think its worth the wedge of cash, i like to drive around with my doors closed and listen to the wind whistling through window :(.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think there is enough issues with the glass sealing on the GTV..these doors surely wont help..

im thinking of how much of a PITA it would be to adjust the glass with the door poking in the air lol

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Initial movement-normal.

I think there is enough issues with the glass sealing on the GTV..these doors surely wont help..

im thinking of how much of a PITA it would be to adjust the glass with the door poking in the air lol
the initial opening is outwards as normal, then they pivot upwards-closing is therefore the same as normal also.

Clive

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
From the pics Clive has posted it looks like it would severly reduce access into the car. Personally I can't see any benefit to spending lots of money changing the way the door will open. A very limited number of people will think it's cool, the rest will probably think something quite derogatory. Personally I would save the cash and give it to a charity instead they might put it to a good use.

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Charity begins at home

From the pics Clive has posted it looks like it would severly reduce access into the car. Personally I can't see any benefit to spending lots of money changing the way the door will open. A very limited number of people will think it's cool, the rest will probably think something quite derogatory. Personally I would save the cash and give it to a charity instead they might put it to a good use.
I'm also thinking of registering CG Trading as a charity, your money would come in very useful for future GTV projects......it might even pay for the door conversion?:lol:

Clive

1 - 20 of 38 Posts