Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Lambda sensor has died and gone to heaven, anyone replaced this themselves? I don't think it can be that hard

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I cant say i`ve done it myself but there have been many threads on this board regarding lambda sensors and their replacement.
BTW you do not need to use the Alfa part, a standard replacement from a shop will be half the price. Again, someone will tell you more about which one to buy or you could search the site for old threads.

I only mention all this so you will wait for a good answer and not rush to a garage to do the work for you!

G

·
Had four of these on my twinny, apparantly there is an "uprated" Lambda sensor but its probably only available from Alfa!!! Dunno.

wrinx

G

·
lambda sensors are very easy to replace and shouldnt cost any more than £70 tops.lucas do an alternative to alfa but beware some cheaper sensors come with wires that need soldering together using your existing plug there ok but prone to coming apart..oxygen sensor is the correct name for them,lambda is only a calculation of the air fuel ratio which should be 14/1 or lambda 1 as it is known.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took a quick look under the car and saw it's easy to do, my alfa dealer wants 150 euro for a new one but I can get a used one for 25 euro, also, the ones that alfa provide have a 5 digit code, 3 letters, I think LSH or something and 2 n°, the old one is 18 and the later one is 24, my dealer says not to use the 18 like I have but the 24 as it will be good for another 50.000 - 100.000 k

G

·
Allparts in Hayes W London(0208 573 0033)sell the NGK lambdas which I believe are original equipment.

The design for the 155 16v models has been changed since last year and is NGK part number OZA527-E7.

Allparts quoted me £47.74 + vat

Simon

G

·
the oxygen sensor changes between open loop and closed loop normaly at about 2000 rpm but its always doing something at all rpms. :confused: did you get the micro fisch yet :confused:

G

·
Hi jimybob,

Thanks for the input. No, the fisches ain't shown up yet. Maybe today or tommorrow.
I am looking forward to them. Thank you!! :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like to replace as much as possible with original Alfa parts even though their are costing me a bit more especially when it are parts that optimize your engine, only some mechanical parts I replace with not Alfa parts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts