Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

My car is running really rich and seems to be down on power. I have a feeling that its one of the lambda probes but the GT has 4. I know its not MAF or temp sensor as these are new. There are no errors on the ECU. Is there a way i can check resistance on the probes or keep an eye out on something on the long or short fuel trim to see weather or not its a lambda?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi guys

My car is running really rich and seems to be down on power. I have a feeling that its one of the lambda probes but the GT has 4. I know its not MAF or temp sensor as these are new. There are no errors on the ECU. Is there a way i can check resistance on the probes or keep an eye out on something on the long or short fuel trim to see weather or not its a lambda?
where you get maf sensor from ,new ones can still be faulty especially ebay items :wow:
i suggest disconnecting maf and see if theres a difference
could be blocked cats also

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maf was from alfa themselves.. car has only 2 of the 4 cats in place. I have a feelign its one of the 2 sensors midway the exhaust

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
not sure but you can smell it.. checked now.. one lambda is defiantly not responding well
yes top is very sluggish

see attached

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will try now.. tolerance is well below the 10% though but hey will try anything

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
although from the attachement you can see lambda 1 is also in need of replacement

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote from just lambda
If stuck low then usually either a faulty Lambda Sensor, air leak or an engine running very weak for some reason.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
i had problems wid lambda sensors on my v6 and long story short after water pump failure had belts done etc and hey presto ,sorted . last owner had belts done with mickey and minnie mouse with tipex instead of dialing them in properly
i would try disconnecting maf to see ,you only need a bit of dirt on new maf and its shot

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
can you alaborate on the lambda issues you had?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
sluggish sensors came up wid faults ,had belts done faults went strange but true
is your tick over smooth, lean misfires will give sooty exhaust

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ticks over smooth as a babies bum.. idle is somewhat erratic

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PS thanks foryour input thus far

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
check for air leaks as well
any help ,im sure there is other omners on here who probably put more light on your problem
oh why did you replace maf and temp sensor

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
temp sensor cause of erratic idling and MAF due to complete failure. you kow that lovely motor control system failure we all love so much.. what is wierd about maf going is the fuel guage stops working.. i dont get what they think

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
go away .. i dont wanna hear that

1 - 20 of 32 Posts