Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following an earlier thread on poor fuel consumption, is it possible to home check Lambda sensors?

If not, given my fuel consumption is terrible, would it be better to replace it? At what cost?

Or should I trust Baby Bedlam to the local mechanic for a complete electrical system check?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
andy go to AUTOSPARKS over by littlechef/burger king they will test it for you and if needed sell you one at a lot lot less that that dealer who i cant mention.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about the water temp sensor thing ???? I've heard this can cause poor economy if not working properly (I thought it just sent a voltage to the temp guage though)

Marlon

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car was running terrible. Stalling mis-firing etc. Dealer replaced lambda sensor. £65 for part £40 fitting then add vat £124. (shocking!)

Car runs great now though, so I suppose money well spent.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car runs fine. Lots of power, nice and smooth. Would it be a pile of poo if the lambda was knackered then?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not necessarily. It may be running at the outer limits and seem ok but not running at its best. Would expect the odd hint of poor running though.

wrinx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts