Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the lambda sensor and is it easy to change? on a 2.0 ts 16v, thanx

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it easy to get to? or a job for a mechanic?

·
Registered
835 Posts
not necessary to get a mech to do it if you can get under the car, gotta use ramps or with one side of the car on a high kerb or similar, you'll need a 22mm open spanner and a piece of string to make you life easy, in the middle of the bulk head, behind the engine there's a black box, take that off & you'll find a connector with 4 wires, that's the lambda, unplug it and attach your bit of string, go under the car, pull the wire down, unscrew the lambda, out the new one in and use the bit of string to get the wire back uo to the top of the engine... dead easy really, should only take about 10 minutes....

have fun

dee.

R

·
0 Posts
I changed mine myself. There's actually quite a lot of room to work (well, more than I expected).

Only problem I had was with the clip that holds the cable under the inlet manifold - that took longer to remove than the rest of the job.

It's quite easy to do. I'd recomment a bit of Plus-Gas or similar on the sensor to help release it though. I think I raised the front of the car on axle stands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts