Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL THERE:

I HAVE CHANGED MY LAMBDA SENSOR WHEN THE BABE HAD RUN 15.000 MILES BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS THE CAUSE OF MY LARGE FUEL CONSUMPTION.
NOW, WITH 3.500 MILES MORE IT FAILED AGAIN !!
I FITTED THE ORIGINAL BOSCH SPARE AND IT FAILED WITH 3.500 MILES OF USE.
ANYONE KNOWS HOW IS IT POSSIBLY. (COST IN MY COUNTRY U$S 150 !!!!!
NOW, I´M AFRAID ABOUT HOW MUCH I CAN RUN WITH THE NEW ONE.
ANY EXPERIENCE ABOUT THIS TOPIC ?
REGARDS
JORGE :confused:

G

·
Hi Jorge
First thing to do is check the leads and connections going to and from the lambda. If thies are Ok then disconnect the battery for a while and see if this changes anything incl. fuel consumption.
If this is not the case, have an Alfa dealer check the ECU with their computer programme.
Good luck
Erik

G

·
Hi Jorge,
Make sure you get the new uprated Lambda sensor. Unfortunately I don't have the part number nearby.

Good Luck.
Jacques

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Hi Jorge,

I had a long running problem with a Lambda probe in my '96 V6. I replaced what I thought was a faulty one and it didn't help. I then wasted a lot of time and money looking for the fault elsewhere. Eventually, I tried yet another probe (cheap, aftermarket one this time). Instant fix. Better to drive, much better fuel consumption on a run. Just annoyed that the brand new Alfa/Bosch probe I fitted first was useless from day 1.

Good luck.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI ALL THERE, IT SEEMS THAT I´M NOT THE ONLY MAN WITH LAMBDA PROBLEMS.
JACQUES, THE LAMBDA CODE FOR THE 16 VALVS. IS 60812717 BUT I´M NOW INTERESTED IN THE AFTERMARKET LAMBDA THAT PUT CHRIS BECAUSE I´M NOT GOING TO BURN U$S 150 MANY TIMES AGAIN.
DO YOU REMEMBER THE MAKE CHRIS ?
AND THE OTHER, ANYONE KNOWS SOME METHOD TO MEASURE THE LAMBDA TO SEE IF IT FAILED OR NOT ?
REGARDS
JORGE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts