Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Not sure where it is but if it's like my TS one ... it's just before the cataltic convertor and bl**dy impossible! Couldn't get the [email protected] thing out yesterday. Probably as the car was only on axle stands and I could get enough force on the thing ... when it was last changed the car was up on a hoist and the mechanic was able to put his full weight on the 'thing' ...

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
if it has only one the you need a 22mm open jaw spanner or LAMBDA spanner to open it.

then i'd advise you tie a rope to the old sensor wiring & try pulling that down wards.

just rem there are 2 or 3 clips anolng the way that you'll need to open to feed the wiring thro.

also the black cover at the back of the engine will need to be removed to disconnect the BLACK 4 way connector. the part fitted to the bulk head it the 1/2 of the connector that is connected to the sensor.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
make sur eits abOSCH lambda as NGKs will cause errors

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Once I can get mine out I plan to swap it for a BOSCH universal ... the one you cut the wires of the old unit and connect to a block. Why? 1) it's listed on the Bosch web site/catalogue as an option, 2) it's got to work better than the NTK unit that's in there and consistently causes error codes and 3) ... it's about £20-30 cheaper than the normal unit. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts