Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm working out what I need for replacing the lambda on my 156 V6. It has just the one lambda (near the catalyst).
I have the new part and it seems like a straightforward enough thing to do but I'm just wondering if I need to take apart any of the exhaust piping (saw you needed to do this in another thread for the 166)?

cheers
Gav.

·
0 Posts
Nope - some cut the cable to enable the use of a ring spanner though
Attach a piece sring to the connector end before removing completely to enable you to pull the new cable up :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope - some cut the cable to enable the use of a ring spanner though
Attach a piece sring to the connector end before removing completely to enable you to pull the new cable up :)

Neat idea with the string, thanks! :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
22mm spanner

flat headed screw driver to open connector & clips, possible remove the air intake pipe from airbox to throttle body to gain better access to the 2 or 3 clips at the back of the engine

string & 'insulting' tape to aid fittting the new sensors wiring,

rem to drop the cable down before opening the sensor & fit sensor before pulling wiring up.....saves the risk of damaging cables

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Or you could buy a proper lambda socket ... Draper 55540 ... some on ebay for under a tenner.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Or you could buy a proper lambda socket ... Draper 55540 ... some on ebay for under a tenner.

why? sure aren't visegrips & a slap of a haamer good enuff for ya!!!:cheese:

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Perfectionist! :)

Or sad James May type who has most of his toolkit hanging on the wall ... sockets all in order on socket bars, etc. :eek:

Plus I'm convinced it will fail again soon ... and I've got two other cars I run/look after ...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again guys. On the list to do at the weekend!

Hopefully after this she will be running 100%. In the last few months since I bought it I've replaced:

-Thermostat
-MAF
-Sparks
-All front & rear bushes & arms

It's been a steep DIY learning curve! Great to have this website for help though.:)

Gav.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts