Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2005 GT 2,0 JTS selespeed. The cats inside the header were broken. I removed them, welded a piece of pipe on both sides instead of the cats and I'm installing a new cat after the flex pipe. Can I install only one lambda sensor and splice two sets of cables into one and not get any codes ? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
450 Posts
You would proably get some problems with the resistance in the heater. The ecu will check for correct heater resistance before it activates the sensor.

If there are two pre cat sensors they are probably monitoring different cylinders, so one combined signal might confuse the ecu.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would proably get some problems with the resistance in the heater. The ecu will check for correct heater resistance before it activates the sensor.

If there are two pre cat sensors they are probably monitoring different cylinders, so one combined signal might confuse the ecu.
The pre cat sensors I'm planing to install as they were before but the after cat ones different story. What about if I put them both after cat but they're going to be in the same pipe ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts