Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the only way to gauge interest is to chose a day and see what happens....

Plan would be:

Meet at the Lakeland Car Museum at 10am - Bacon butties are available from the cafe which opens at 10, plus its a good chance for a group photo shoot

From there drive up the left side of Windermere (there's a reason for this) either up to Hawkshead of cutting across to Far Sawrey, depends on if people want to go round the museum.

The onto the Windermere car ferry (£4.40 per car), from there drive up through Bowness on the 592, another quick stop at the view point before carrying on up the 592 to Kirkstone Pass, if everyone is happy with a late lunch we can book in with them, it's a small pub so depending on numbers might be an idea.

After that drive down past Brothers Water and along the side of Ullswater, possible stop off to have a walk up to Aira Force waterfall depending on how keen people are lol

After that it's just along to Penrith and we're at the M6

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's been some interest in the thread I posted about it, so hopefully a few others are coming but not hit RSVP on here

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not the best of turn outs, but it was at the start of school holidays and week before NAD, so wasn't expecting many and the weather wasn't the greatest which is a shame because it'd been great up here for must of June.
Cheers for making the trip up Stuart, I did meant to say follow us into Reghed services to say goodbye lol

Pic 1 at the meeting point at the Lakeland car museum, was a classic club meet turn up as well, so a selection of cars to look rouond before we set off inc. a couple of P1800's a 944 S2 cabby & very original 61k Mk2 Manta GTE

Pic 2 was at the view point at the top of Rayrigg Road, normally can see all the way across to the Langdales, but not on Saturday!

Pic 3 was about half an hour later at the top of Kirkstone pass for a well earned pint and chat about football, after that it was down the other side to Brothers Water and on up along the side of Ullswater, Stuart headed off home down the M6 and we headed off towards Keswick and home.

Planning on trying it again in late Sept......

Attachments

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,526 Posts
Ah good, some pics :)

I'll keeps an eye on the next one, if you're looking at late September i have nothing planned as yet, other than my birthday. I'll see it anyway, as the boss around here, it'll have to go through me first

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weather normally settles down around the end of Sept so would be cooler but a great time of year to do it again

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
If it's not the last week in September if a little red is welcome I'll make the effort :)

If it is the last week I'll be in Lanzaroté :( :D
Might be an opportunity to dispel the hairdresser myth and show you how a proper sports car handles :p

Reactions: Mav666
1 - 9 of 9 Posts