Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

my car, a Spider TS is running great, however I notice that the throttle seems to lag alittle if l have it at

idle & stab the throttle once, like while waiting at the lights & l just blip the throttle ?

Pump the throttle like, brmm,. . . brmm, . . . brmm & it's fine, no lag at all.

Drives fine, just thought it might be not responding correctly, my other car a 88 Celica ST162 is fuel injected also

and responds straight away, any thoughts ?

:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody care to respond ?

just cose I have a Spider in great condition, & I am in Australia, " the lucky country "

doesn't mean I might not need some advise at times from u fellas

on the other side of the pond ?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Give it time.... "Us lot" in the mother country who don't need factor 50 when the roof is down are just finishing our biggest holiday eating season of the year... Lots of choc makes typing tricky... And obviously check the simple stuff first....plugs, coil packs, throttle body, inlet pipe, lambda, maf, etc.... And find one to compare it with as the Twinny doesn't spin up that fast in the Uk where the air is cool & dense so in Oz where the air is warmer & emissions are even tighter it may take longer. I had a 147 2.0 lusso on hire a few years ago in Perth and it was soooo slow.... Much slower than my Twinny ... I put it down to emission control.
Vans

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
when I first got my TS I thought the throttle response was a tad slow.. kinda like you described .. And like when heel and toeing .. it doesn't bark like a pair of webbers on song.. anyway over the years everything has been checked/changed and I've got used to it now..

·
Registered
692 Posts
easy fixes first: Have you checked for a vacuum leak in the intake hose? You could also
- try resetting the ECU
-As its a TS should be relatively easy to check/clean the spark plugs
- Try cleaning the fuel injectors. I bought one of those ultrasonic cleaners they use for jewellery (around £12 ) if nothing else it really helped lower fuel consumption

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
easy fixes first: Have you checked for a vacuum leak in the intake hose? You could also
- try resetting the ECU
-As its a TS should be relatively easy to check/clean the spark plugs
- Try cleaning the fuel injectors. I bought one of those ultrasonic cleaners they use for jewellery (around £12 ) if nothing else it really helped lower fuel consumption
" ultrasonic cleaners " ??

what is that ? please :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts