Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a genuine question.

It's common knowledge that many blokes like nothing more than getting the spanners out and fixing/maintaining their car, or sometimes we take things apart when there is nothing wrong....just because we're nosey:eek:
However, I've rarely come across women on AO who enjoy fixing/maintaining their car. I'm not talking checking the levels, I mean oil changes, brake maintenance, suspension parts replacement, electrical fixes etc etc.

If you are out there do let us know:thumbs:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
nah, thats what the warranty and my local fiat gagrage are there for, eeeuuuwww, dont even put screen wash and stuff in, just go over there flutter me eyelashes and its done for me, free of charge....its good to be a girl sometimes:lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, thats what the warranty and my local fiat gagrage are there for, eeeuuuwww, dont even put screen wash and stuff in, just go over there flutter me eyelashes and its done for me, free of charge....its good to be a girl sometimes:lol:
.....and that's fair enough:thumbs:

....you do know where the petrol goes, don't you??;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replacing batteries doesn't require tools though - does it :confused:
Many items need at least a philips screwdriver to gain access to the battery compartment though:lol:

Now....less of the filth.....:tut::lol:

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
I don't, Sparky (in the sense of my Alfa) ;)

Why would I when I don't like getting my hands dirty and I have a wonderful mechanic to take care of everything?

As this is the first used car I've ever bought...never needed to worry about maintenance before with the other cars but did seriously consider fitting the new battery on my 147 (I remember asking you how to) :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just use a alcohol based wet wipe. Bang and the filth is gone :thumbs: ;)
....does this process involve Barry Scott??:eek:

oh no they sting:p
Stick a doc leaf on it dear:thumbs:

I don't, Sparky (in the sense of my Alfa) ;)

Why would I when I don't like getting my hands dirty and I have a wonderful mechanic to take care of everything?

As this is the first used car I've ever bought...never needed to worry about maintenance before but did seriously consider fitting the new battery on my 147 (I remember asking you how to) :lol:
Well the thought of changing your own battery was there...it's a good start:D

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
I have done silly things... Changed the filters (oil, air) helped hubby with bits if I'm around too. He is my mechanic, as we all know, and sometimes I like to get stuck in with him (as it were :D )

I do all my fluids myself, and even check the tyre pressures aren't I clever? :p

I generally know what I am doing, know my way around an engine... I loved tinkering with Freddie the Nova, but the Alfa is a little more special, and I'd rather not risk breaking / hurting her :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have done silly things... Changed the filters (oil, air) helped hubby with bits if I'm around too. He is my mechanic, as we all know, and sometimes I like to get stuck in with him (as it were :D )

I do all my fluids myself, and even check the tyre pressures aren't I clever? :p

I generally know what I am doing, know my way around an engine... I loved tinkering with Freddie the Nova, but the Alfa is a little more special, and I'd rather not risk breaking / hurting her :eek:
It's great to hear that you have picked up tips from hubby....and great to hear that you 'enjoy' maintaining your car AJ:thumbs:

Hope you're keeping well BTW:D

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Back to the OP, yes, I do. I do as much maintenance as I can. I changed my front wishbones last year, although they had to be rebushed this year and Mr PG did that. I've always been pretty hands on with all my cars - encouraged by my Dad. I've done most of the modification stuff as well, although it's mainly just aesthetic stuff.

I must admit though, I don't have the time I used to have to do things since the gallery opened.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts