Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that Alfa with all the thought they put into the Giulietta gave the cup holder so little thought poorly positioned obscured by the armrest and too small, an absolute outrage!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't understand the problem either. It is a significant improvement on our previous car (Peugeot 308) where engaging the handbrake would knock over a cup.

Considering how sharply this car goes around corners the cup holders should be removed altogether for safety reasons :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's not a problem if you keep the arm rest up.

If you wanted better cup holders you should have bought a transit van.......:lol:

·
Registered
35,773 Posts
I am pleased the cupholders are not useable.I always found the way they were featured on the 147 a bit sad!

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Why do people need cup holders?

I don't think anyone died through dehydration, before the Yanks invented them.

Can't you carry a Thermos flask with you?

Ralf S.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I quite like the cup holders, it's the sodding can/bottle holder that ****es me off!!! I can't get any decent glovebox space because of that sodding thing

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Cars in general shouldn't have cup holders. If you need to eat and drink you should be stationary anyway if you are the driver. A bottle of pop is just as dangerous as a mobile phone really. If you are the passenger then you shouldn't be eating and drinking in my car :mad: :lol: I like that alfa held out for so long without putting them in. It shows they were focusing on the driving experience :D

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Thermos flask and some sandwiches. Layby and a skinny bird with long hair. :)

Less "convenience", more experience...

Ralf S.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
I quite like the cup holders, it's the sodding can/bottle holder that ****es me off!!! I can't get any decent glovebox space because of that sodding thing
Gore, you can take the bottle shaped shelf out of the glovebox if you want more space

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have read on one of the threads that it is easy to come out and it give loads more usable space.
I have left mine in because the mrs will only fill it with more junk ;)
Even with it in there is more usable space than my 147 had.

With regard to the cup holders, on my way home from a long day at goodwood on Friday i pulled in to the golden arches (21:30) had a burger (not in the car of course) but couldn't drink the whole (brain freeze) regular size milk shake so took it with me.
With the arm rest up i was able to fit it in ok with my wifes one beside it. No problem at all for me. Didn't get in the way of my arm while changing gears or operating hand brake and had nicely melted by the time i got home 1hr later.

·
Registered
83 Posts
^with CDs/optical being are a dead format now the only things I can possibly think to keep in my glovebox are the owners manual and a spare pair of sunglasses. Then again my partner has her own cars glovebox to treat as a handbag :lol:

Cup holders I've never been that fussed over either, haven't had a usable one in any of my past cars so almost anything would be an improvement for me (my G is 10 days away from delivery hopefully) - not that I'd ever be allowing an open beverage other than bottled water into my car anyway.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts