Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

it's my first time here in this forum and i have to say that i am very happy for it.
I'm from Portugal and i have one GTV 1.8 TS that have lack of power when i'm driving at 4000 RPM, i feel that the car loose power.. i tried fix the problem here in the alfa romeo garage but they don't know what to do... the only thing that they are always telling me is "in the computer de car don't show any problem". I don't know what to do.. Can anyone have the same problem or know how to fix it?
i think is something with the air in the engine, because in the mornig when is cold the soud of the engine isn't good... but i don't know...

Thanks a lot,
Peixoto

P.S Sorry for my inglish, i hope anyone untherstant it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Re: Lack of power in 1.8 GTV HELP PLEASE!

Firstly,

check the air mass sensor
the air intake piping for any splits
check lamda operation on diagnostics

if that doesnt solve it then

check the inlet manifold if there any leaks, i think theres a vacuum pipe or something for the variable geometry inlet manifold, check that also.

im sure there will be others with a few suggestions soon.

And by the way, welcome to the forum!:)

·
Registered
586 Posts
How many kms has the car covered? When were the spark plugs and leads last changed? You should consider these, and if you want prices cheaper than Alfa (for the leads), send an email to;

David Upward
Tel: 0044 (0) 1208 264546
Fax: 0044 (0) 1208 264547
e-mail [email protected]
web site: Welcome to Fastlane

Very cheap, will post to Portugal for about 12 EURO and good quality.

I am not sure whether the TS has a Distribution Cap and rotor, but you should check the electrodes, and consider replacing those too, if they hasn't been changed for a few thousand km.......

A bad Lambda should be picked up on the diagnostics, shouldn't it?

Regarding the Mass Sensor, don't buy a copy, buy the real thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many kms has the car covered? When were the spark plugs and leads last changed? You should consider these, and if you want prices cheaper than Alfa (for the leads), send an email to;

David Upward
Tel: 0044 (0) 1208 264546
Fax: 0044 (0) 1208 264547
e-mail [email protected]
web site: Welcome to Fastlane

Very cheap, will post to Portugal for about 12 EURO and good quality.

I am not sure whether the TS has a Distribution Cap and rotor, but you should check the electrodes, and consider replacing those too, if they hasn't been changed for a few thousand km.......

A bad Lambda should be picked up on the diagnostics, shouldn't it?

Regarding the Mass Sensor, don't buy a copy, buy the real thing.
Hi tony, my GTV only have 88000KM. i changed in this week the Lambda Sensor and the car have the same behavior...
i thing i will try change the Mass Sensor. i saw somes in ebay. why do you don't trust it? do you sell it?

thanks
Peixoto

·
Registered
586 Posts
No, I don't sell it (I presume you are talking about Mass Sensor), but the non-OEM ones are considered to be poor quality and often do not fix the problem. It is best to stick with OEM, and some sellers on Ebay do sell OEM at cheaper prices than can be bought from Alfa.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts