Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just returned to alfa ownership, after a gap of seven years, with a nice 72k GTV TS 2000 MODEL PHASE 2. The car seems to lack power under acceleration in the midrange. I have already eplaced the maf sensor and the variator etc was done 2k ago. Any suggestions? All else is smooth and fine. My previous four Alfas were V6'S, Am I expecting too much?

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Did you buy a genuine Bosch maf sensor? I guess you did but if not you should. Otherwise you might be comparing it to your V6 :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,Thanks for yor reply, Yes, Having followed the posts here I went for a genuine Boshe. Still seems sluggish even after a V6!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Being objective about things like this is difficult, with no reference it could be perfectly fine... or crap :)

Maybe see if there's another GTV owner out there that can take you out/drive your car/let you drive theirs and then you can see how they compare...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
It is no ball of fire mid range TBH. Coming from a V6 you will really notice it, I notice it comparing it to my 2.4. When the revs climb though, she gets a second wind as it were. The only way to really tell is as Chris says, drive another twinnie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts