Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Erm.... just a though as I've now got a GT (and have no interest in 147/156 matters)

Would it be a good plan within this forum (because it serves multiple models) to put the Model name at the start of the thread title.

This would make it obvious to any potential readers which model would be discussed inside each thread.

eg.

GT - Stereo Upgrade thoughts?
147 - Suspension woes, need help!
156 - Removing front door trim, how?

Please?

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
The thing is - the cars all share common parts, a lot of them in fact. So the experiences of 156/147 driver's is just as relevent as the experiences of other GT drivers.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Same chassis as the 156 (147 uses a shorter version, I believe) Same engines , same suspension setup, 147 interior and some body panels off the 147 ....hmmm GT very different from a 147 and a 156 ;)

To be honest. if it is something very GT specific then I would use the model name in the heading, same for the 147 and the 156 but it is not a requirement.

D

·
0 Posts
Personally I always start my threads asking for help like this:

156 V6: Dashboard's Fallen off in My Hands! Help Required!

Just so people know what car it is they're going to help me with, :D

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
The thing is - the cars all share common parts, a lot of them in fact. So the experiences of 156/147 driver's is just as relevant as the experiences of other GT drivers.
Exactly.
The only parts unique to the GT are the body panels and interior. Everything else is shared with the 147 and a lot of the mechanicals with the 156.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think that's the best way, just to start the thread with the model of your car.

I've always thought a 'how 2' aspect to the forum would be really useful with guides etc but they are all mixed in with other things.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
another forum i frequent (for computer stuff) has thread ID's in the form of little images, very handy and it allows you to filter threads by subject/speciality.

Tech Support - bit-tech.net Forums

Check it out, i think it works well.

Would it be possible to adapt a similar system into AO?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I can understand both sides of the arguement.

Perhaps the compromise would be that it you know its a 'common' (as in across 147/156/GT range - as opposed to it happens all the bl00dy time :lol: ) then dont prefix it. If you know it is only relevant to a 156/147/GT then go ahead and prefix it.

As ever trying to enforce this sort of thing would be nigh on impossible - unless we had to select a car model for example.

Nice idea though as I often search for specifics to do with the 156 and if they were catogorised then it would be simple to filter in or out other models.

I'd say it's worth suggesting to the powers who be and get their take on it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts