Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help!!!

I've got a big birthday coming up at the end of the year and to celebrate I'd love to see La Boheme at La Scala in Milan. It's something Gibbo and I have both wanted to do for a while and seems an ideal excuse.

But...the opera is on at the end of September, and tickets don't go on sale until July. We want to try and book a trip around the opera, maybe flying to Paris, spending a couple of nights there, before taking the TGV to Milan, then after the opera carrying on down to our favourite villa near Florence. I'm really in a quandary about how soon to start booking things as I don't know how difficult it will be to get tickets and don't want to spend too long in Milan if possible.

Has anyone bought tickets for La Scala before, or know the best way to go about it to ensure we can get some. The production is designed by Franco Zepherelli and the first few (which we want to get tickets for) star Angela Giorgiou, who is amazing, so it's sure to be popular.

I know the flights will get dearer the longer we wait, but I just need a little bit of reassurance that I will be able to get tickets, not having tried before.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,750 Posts
Hello Lynn,

The break you have planned sounds ace. Is there no way you can put a deposit down on La Scala tickets in advance of their availability? Is that an option?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
If you are having trouble booking tickets the other thing to consider would be the big open air opera season in the amphitheatre at Verona - it's world famous and an incredible experience. We did it last year. Runs most of summer. If you do it, take a cushion - amphitheatre seats are made of rock and are, er, quite hard.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
If you are having trouble booking tickets the other thing to consider would be the big open air opera season in the amphitheatre at Verona - it's world famous and an incredible experience. We did it last year. Runs most of summer. If you do it, take a cushion - amphitheatre seats are made of rock and are, er, quite hard.
I can recommend Verona too. We saw Placido Domingo a few years back. "quite hard" is an understatement. Take an inflatable cushion, the ones you can hire do little to help over the length of the performance. There is nothing to lean on either so your back can suffer if you are prone to that sort of thing.

Fantastic experience, though.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
When I drove down to Milan for the 100 year celebrations I made contact with a very helpful lady from the Milan tourist office. She was called Rosanna Gallo and was able to be contacted at [email protected]
I don't know if she is still there now but she was instrumental in guiding me towards some of the 100 activities.
Hope this may help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts