Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I wouldn't normally touch Kwik Fit with a barge pole, but seeing as my renewal from Admiral this year is £775 (a £50 drop from last year) and Kwik Fit are quoting me £350 on their 'platinum' service with legal and windscreen, I'm tempted to give them a try.

Any experiences of them for customer service / claims / 'extra' hidden costs?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I'd be more interested in who is underwriting the insurance, I don't think Kwikfit underwrite it themselves do they?

S

·
0 Posts
Very interesting ! I am also with Admiral .....Kwik Fit will be getting looked at when renewal due !!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've been with Kwik Fit in the past and they are fine. They do underwrite so you'll be insured by another company but they seem to have decent customer service. But from time to time they become uncompetitive so you may find yourself looking for new insurance eventually.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be more interested in who is underwriting the insurance, I don't think Kwikfit underwrite it themselves do they?
No. By the looks of things it's actually AXA - which is funny, since my quote from AXA themselves is close to £700 :)

Quite tempted tbh. I'm waiting on quotes back from Sky/Greenlight/Adrian Flux so will see how they come out in comparison.

Got a quote from my employer using my staff discount at just over £800.... !

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
No. By the looks of things it's actually AXA - which is funny, since my quote from AXA themselves is close to £700 :)

Quite tempted tbh. I'm waiting on quotes back from Sky/Greenlight/Adrian Flux so will see how they come out in comparison.

Got a quote from my employer using my staff discount at just over £800.... !
Hi,
How did we do?
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'm with KwikFit, have been for a few years. When I went from the Volvo T4 (turbo) to the GT diesel, the premium went up another £30.00 month!!! I was about to cancel and when I called them they managed to 'do me a favour' and drop the £30 a month to £10. Aside from that, customer service have been friendly but never had the need to make a claim (as I havent in the last 20 years.. I'm proud of that too!, not had a claim since i was 20).
I think I pay around £630 a year fully comp. It's high because although I live in a security gated apartment in a nice area, it's got the Romford postcode, which is a nightmare for anyone, even if you dont live in Romford!

Summary: KwikFit are reasonably priced, with usual things like windscreen cover included, courtesy car etc.. Just keep your eye on them at renewal time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts