Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting the suspension changed on my car (hopefully before Spa if i can afford it) and im looking at the KW V2's. i did have a quick look at the V3's but think it will be a 'waste' for what i will need and im not likely to start adjusting things all over the place so its probly best i stick to the V2's and they are cheaper. i suppose if i can find them for a 'similar' price i could get them but so far the prices i've seen there is a fair amount of price diference.

A few questions though-

1) Has anyone else bought some recently, and where from?

2) Whats the difference between this

KW Coilover Kit - Variant 2 Basic for Alfa Romeo - larkspeed.com

and

KW Coilover Kit - Variant 2 Inox for Alfa Romeo - larkspeed.com

3) Are those ^^ prices reasonable?

Thanks for any advice/help in advance :thumbs:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mate I told you before. Cheaper on motorsportworld £1113 for the inox variant 2 and they are having an extra 10% discount at the mo

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Regarding the second question, both Basic and Inox are the same just the Basic version is made of galvanized steel and powder coated and Inox version is made of stainless steel.

·
Vendor
45,830 Posts
I would get the inox version, I had a nightmare with seized FK coilovers on my old 3 litre 156. One salty frozen winter and the basics will be solid I reckon, unless you regularly clean them up and free them off.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I freaking loved my KW V2's, especially the price :D Firm yet compliant, very good trade off between comformort and sporty-ness (if thats a word).

However, in the same position again I'd probably go with V1's - in my history of having damping adjustable coilovers I've *never* used the damping adjustment once I've found a good balance, and I'd like to think KW can set a better rate than my ham-fisted random twisting of the adjusters.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you go for V1's you may just as well buy koni fsd's and a lowering spring.

I still think that the spax rsx are a very good buy as your basically getting V3's for less than V1 money

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its just everything starts adding up pricewise as ill have to get them fitted aswell and the spax are near enough half the price so im not sure what i'll do yet.

i've had a read through this-

SPAX PERFORMANCE

and it seems good, just nobody else seems to have used them yet. My car could be the guinea pig :lol:

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Consider also XYZ supersport coilovers in case you can find a distributor in the UK (they are the most road/comfort oriented version of XYZ coilovers despite the "supersport" name)

XYZ Auto Parts

They are much cheaper than the KW and they are quite close with the ride quality. I imported a set for my friend with 156 2,5V6 and I had time to play with them at home out of the box and I have also driven them when installed on the car. I was really pleasantly surprised. I would rate them on the half way between Bilstein B14 and KW.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts