Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi, just had my centre panel carbon dipped. I will place pics just waiting for the radio surround. I have dealt with Koshi, and have the carbon fibre handle covers,They are expensivebut the quality is a1,they are also very responsive and easy to deal with.

·
Registered
519 Posts
waiting for the pics :smoker:
how did you do this? was the centre panel dipped in mounted condition?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought a spare centre dash panel from E-BAY. Then sent it away for carbon dipping which is a coating. It all costed about 60% less than the carbon fibre dash from Koshi. Yes you will have to remove the radio and dash panel and then fit the coated one.All a bit of a faff. The Koshi one fits [ glued ]over the top of the existing parts without removing anything.,but is a lot more costly. As soon as I get chance I will post some pics.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I bought a spare centre dash panel from E-BAY. Then sent it away for carbon dipping which is a coating. It all costed about 60% less than the carbon fibre dash from Koshi. Yes you will have to remove the radio and dash panel and then fit the coated one.All a bit of a faff. The Koshi one fits [ glued ]over the top of the existing parts without removing anything.,but is a lot more costly. As soon as I get chance I will post some pics.
I see. Yes, the koshi one is so expensive, it hurts... But nevertheless, I do not get it out of my mind. I like the possible idea of having the center dash covered with carbon when having a black sky and red/black dashboard simultaniously. Currently it is looking like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes I agree.The Carbon Fibre will look great. I had the same feelings about my door handle covers,expensive but I love my MITO, and don't regret spending a bit on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hmm they do look great on the inside. I have just had my front and rear headlight surrounds wrapped in gloss black and it looks top! Had the windows tinted too :yes:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well I recently got the front and tail light frame covers for the MiTo from Koshi (my currently installed ones from the former member mitomatt broke badly after only a year (because the carbon has been laminated on oem frames and this did not last for a long time)).
I am not quite amused about these parts. In the description it is stated "Designed to cover the OEM – original part", but this is not the case (see pictures). I think for a part which costs around 500 pounds you can expect a proper description in the online shop.
Having asked Koshi how to installed them, they answered these are standalone parts and are glued to the lights :angry:

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well in the end I completely destroyed the old carbon covers and used a cutter to cut off as much material as needed to overlay the Koshi covers over the original frames and finally glued it together with Sikaflex 221. Took me around 22 hours in total.
The final installment will be done when it is warmer (march or april) ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts