Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from Alfatune... once again.

This time set of Koni Sport fitted, Gus told me it would transform the handling but i must say its a massive change.

The GTA now feels so much more composed and very responsive, the Koni's are much more forgiving than the standard suspension on normal driving including pot holes and speedbumps but then just transform it in the twisties when i want to give it some stick.

Have to say thank you again to Gus

Chris

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
its great suspension, a lot see it as too hardcore, and it is stiff, but fantastic handling, glad you like it.

it made my car handle a million times better than the std veloce suspension, and the car is so well balanced, you can bring in understeer and oversteer on the throttle.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Good to see your happy with your car. How low has your car dropped? Is it levelled like eibach pro-springs or more nose down?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Nice one, Gus was pointing me in that direction too, but unfortunately I had to buy a 50" plasma instead, oh the shame :(

;)

Mind you something proper weird going on with the front end of my car, feels bad, I expect imminent expense (again)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car sits same as standard give or take mm's from what i can see, it actuallt scrapes LESS on the bumps in my road!

Level stance aswel

I must admit been to a gig in manchester tonight and it is just 20x the car it was, much nicer drive - not at all firm and i was full up with people.

Need a good weekend now and a run to southport or wales again.

I would advise this to anyone, it will totally change your car!!!! starting to feel more responsive than my R32 for ****s sake

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
i give the KONI Sport the big :thumbs: too. none of this FSD crap. ;) (just kidding; i've not driven a car with FSD so i don't actually know!)

:)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Car sits same as standard give or take mm's from what i can see, it actuallt scrapes LESS on the bumps in my road!

Level stance aswel

I must admit been to a gig in manchester tonight and it is just 20x the car it was, much nicer drive - not at all firm and i was full up with people.

Need a good weekend now and a run to southport or wales again.

I would advise this to anyone, it will totally change your car!!!! starting to feel more responsive than my R32 for ****s sake
Probably helps that it was put on by someone who knows what they are doing and setup right rather than just slapped on by a local mechanic in 'out of the box' form :thumbs:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably helps that it was put on by someone who knows what they are doing and setup right rather than just slapped on by a local mechanic in 'out of the box' form :thumbs:
couldn't agree more, I could of done it myself but id of spent months getting it set up right.

Also deal was too good

·
Registered
384 Posts
couldn't agree more, I could of done it myself but id of spent months getting it set up right.

Also deal was too good
What setting have you gone for?

I'm on the verge of buying the kit that comes with the koni springs which lower the whole thing 40mm. Bit low but it's cheaper to do than buying the shocks and springs seperately.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gus would have to say the exact setting but basically its (if i remember correctly) quarter turn hard? haha useless sorry.

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
What setting have you gone for?

I'm on the verge of buying the kit that comes with the koni springs which lower the whole thing 40mm. Bit low but it's cheaper to do than buying the shocks and springs seperately.
You might get away with 40mm in a 1.9 JTDm but if you have the 2.4 JTDm you have no hope, you'll be replacing sumps after every speed bump. My 156 V6 was -65mm front and -50mm rear when I bought it, on coilovers. Replaced with Eibachs & Konis (FSDs, not adjustables), much improved. I do have the coilovers still, they are in good working order and I would sell them, however the spring rate means they are only appropriate for 2.4 JTD, 2.5 V6 and GTA models.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
You might get away with 40mm in a 1.9 JTDm but if you have the 2.4 JTDm you have no hope, you'll be replacing sumps after every speed bump. My 156 V6 was -65mm front and -50mm rear when I bought it, on coilovers. Replaced with Eibachs & Konis (FSDs, not adjustables), much improved. I do have the coilovers still, they are in good working order and I would sell them, however the spring rate means they are only appropriate for 2.4 JTD, 2.5 V6 and GTA models.
OR you could give them to me as a gift :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts