Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just had koni sports fitted to the front of my gtv and the spring pan is actually sitting on the tyre. Drove it 5 miles or so and the paint on the bottom of the spring pan has already started to come off.
Im sure I'm not the only one who has fitted koni sports to a ts, has anyone else and if you have, how'd you come around the problem?

Is it a case of binning the 225/45s at the front and replacing with 215/45s?

Absolutely sickened, brand new goodyear eagle f1s on it:cry:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I think your offset maybe off. As above, what wheels have you got on ?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Got any pics? Are you sure the shocks are the correct part number, it's a fixed length between wheel hub and the bottom spring plate so they should fit.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Options are either to chip down to a 16" wheel or use 215/45/R17 tires.

alfapash had the same problem, I'm not sure what shes done with her car though.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep they're definitely the right ones, bought from alfisti.net and part numbers match.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
This has been covered quite a few times on here already.

V6s have no problem but the TS has a different shock & is only sold for early cars: https://www.larkspeed.com/shopper/i...s-no-7011933-Koni-Sport-Shock-Absorber-Front-

They will fit the later TSs but basically they're only recommended for 95-97(or cars with 205/50 16s) pre 17" Teledial era cars which are pre 98 when Teles approximately came out.

215/45s will cure the clearance problem.

Koni made them correctly for 205/50 16s, which was the std fitment but made a bit of a boob by not later altering the lower spring pan to allow for a larger wheel/tyre combination.

I suppose Koni sellers should ask what year car AND what wheel/tyre combo you are running before selling them?

Clive

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This has been covered quite a few times on here already.

V6s have no problem but the TS has a different shock & is only sold for early cars: https://www.larkspeed.com/shopper/i...s-no-7011933-Koni-Sport-Shock-Absorber-Front-

They will fit the later TSs but basically they're only recommended for 95-97(or cars with 205/50 16s) pre 17" Teledial era cars which are pre 98 when Teles approximately came out.

215/45s will cure the clearance problem.

Koni made them correctly for 205/50 16s, which was the std fitment but made a bit of a boob by not later altering the lower spring pan to allow for a larger wheel/tyre combination.

I suppose Koni sellers should ask what year car AND what wheel/tyre combo you are running before selling them?

Clive

Cheers Clive, clears up things a lot. The gtv is a 96 phase 1, I just prefer the 17 inch teledials to the pepper pots, although I can see the latter becoming very sought after in years to come, when most will have weighed them in for scrap.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
two new goodyear eagle f1s fitted to the front in 215 45 r17 and no issues any more.
Thanks to those who helped...really appreciate it.

On another note, for those who haven't done so already, buy an alfaholics rear arb for you're twin spark.
It completely transforms the handling and I can now take corners comfortably at much higher speeds. Well worth the money and the wait

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
It is JUST touching? - if so just let the area wear down and all will be good. I did that to my clio and it was fine for 20k. But not if it's really gouging the tyre.

Spacers and longer bolts will also work!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts