Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get myself to fork out almost R12000 for 4 dampers.
Is it really worth that much or is there something I'm missing.

Just need a more comfortable ride without the "crashyness".

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Get B12 i think itvwill be cheaper, else just get coilies, mated shick to ride height and solve that rear arch issue you have

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
+1 what Guili said...

XYZ coil-overs cost R10500 - they built shocks for the WTCC 156 racers. They are damp rate and height adjustable

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got Bilsteins at the moment with OEM springs.
I'm thinking like R6k for a damper that will eliminate the crashyness?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yes fit a set of eibachs you can even have your current shock re valves to change its response

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
STR Ts are just as good and half the price. you dont need to adjust shocks unless your doing track

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
He need coils since He already have propper shocks

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
then koni springs? they are about 3500

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Cost of eibach at this stage?

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
about the same but i find the eibach very hard

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My car has 3 Eibach dampers and 1 OEM. I think the front left maybe had an issue with the previous owner and they replaced it with an OEM. So I need to change the dampers. And I need a damper that will soak up the bumps. Whether it's coil overs or just dampers.

I believe the ride comfort is dependent on the damper and not so much the spring?

TN: How do you change the damper's response? And will this soften it up a little?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Koni STR T's will lower it by 30mm. I'm happy with the height, as the bumper in the front is scraping to much already, so I don't think I'll go with the STR's

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
the shocks wont lower, the springs will. a Koni spring and shock combo will set you back about 8500. the yellows and the STRTs are not far apart with the difference being the yellows are able to adjust dampening.. overkill i think on a street car

·
Registered
157 Posts
What springs are there that will work well with the Koni's and not reduce ride height while improving ride quality?

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
ride quality on OEM springs with a good shock

1 - 20 of 30 Posts