Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Fiat 500 1.4, 1.3 Multijet & 1.4 Abarth Koni FSD Damper Kit 2100-4117 Only £552.96

Your first link with dcperformance at £520 seems to be the cheapest. The one above was taken from the AF around 3 weeks ago and the price was £495 on a special but is now showing £553 & it's with DC Performance.:confused:
Prices seem to have gone up since there has been a number of issues with them lasting.
I would be interested in a set if I keep the 155TB.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Got them installed a few days ago :)
I haven't tested much, but I went right away to the more degraded roads nearby and what I can say is:

The car is now more solid and, at the same time, softer when absorbing potholes and irregularities in the road.
I have the car lowered with the Eibachs -30mm, so there are no miracles. That means when I find a bigger hole, I can still feel the suspension hitting the end, but nothing like the crash I was used to with the original shocks.

Somehow, the car feels more responsive when accelerating..less nose lifting when pushing the pedal. In curve, the shocks keep the car very balanced, altough I haven't pushed it very much.
In time, I will explore the car with agressiveness to see how it handles.

Need to test it also in higher speeds (in highways, the original shocks were already good enough at moderate speeds).

In the historic/turistic areas that we have in Portugal (specifically Lisbon), the roads are made of sidewalk stones.
Going through these paths with the original shocks, a lowered suspension and 18" wheels isn't easy at all.

Here was my biggest surprise :)
I expected to be better, but I was astonished with the diference! The Mito really absorbs almost all the irregularities in these road. Of course, the car is still stiff - can't change that, the nature of the car wasn't to be a Mercedes. I was amazed, it really does the job. The same in the speedbumps. Goes through them with both firmness and softness. No crashy feeling :D

Still need to test it for a few more weeks to have a solid opinion but, until now, it sounds really good.
It solves the problems I've been complaining about :)

Got them installed a few days ago :)
I haven't tested much, but I went right away to the more degraded roads nearby and what I can say is:

The car is now more solid and, at the same time, softer when absorbing potholes and irregularities in the road.
I have the car lowered with the Eibachs -30mm, so there are no miracles. That means when I find a bigger hole, I can still feel the suspension hitting the end, but nothing like the crash I was used to with the original shocks.

Somehow, the car feels more responsive when accelerating..less nose lifting when pushing the pedal. In curve, the shocks keep the car very balanced, altough I haven't pushed it very much.
In time, I will explore the car with agressiveness to see how it handles.

Need to test it also in higher speeds (in highways, the original shocks were already good enough at moderate speeds).

In the historic/turistic areas that we have in Portugal (specifically Lisbon), the roads are made of sidewalk stones.
Going through these paths with the original shocks, a lowered suspension and 18" wheels isn't easy at all.

Here was my biggest surprise :)
I expected to be better, but I was astonished with the diference! The Mito really absorbs almost all the irregularities in these road. Of course, the car is still stiff - can't change that, the nature of the car wasn't to be a Mercedes. I was amazed, it really does the job. The same in the speedbumps. Goes through them with both firmness and softness. No crashy feeling :D

Still need to test it for a few more weeks to have a solid opinion but, until now, it sounds really good.
It solves the problems I've been complaining about :)
That's what I wanted to hear! Now I just need to sort the $$$ out to get them!

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Still loving it :)

I have the same opinion as in the beginning. It's not a Mercedes, the ride is firm but it's much much better than the original shocks with the Eibach springs.

Also, the tyre pressure has a big influence with this setup:
2.2 bar - you will feel the comfort.
2.4 bar - you start to feel the stiffness

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.