J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week i have replaced on the N/S:
Top and bottom wishbones
Drop link
Outer CV boot

We had a total nightmare with it all, the whole shaft had to come out and then we were able to get the CV joint off the shaft, the circlip was so tight it wouldn't let go easily ::censored::

Put it all back together, we have checked and double checked all the nuts and bolts and we still have a knocking noise, however this one is a bit random, unlike the drop link knocking, and it resonates through the floor on the passenger side.

any ideas as it is bugging me, it is quite a severe noise as well and does worry me slightly:mad:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
arb bushes?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arb bushes?
this noise has only appeared since carrying out all this work would it be possible to have damaged them?

i am very aware of noises and this is not one i have heard in the past.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
sound slike you have left a balljoint loose ..... most likely a drop link.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked it all over yesterday, everything was nice and tight but still the knocking persisted....

So i undid everything, slacked it all of by a few turns, once it was all loose i then did it all back up again to the recommended torques...

Noise gone, so i can only assume that something wasn't seated correctly and was causing the knocking, now we have piece and tranquility again, result :cool:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
great result :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice one jay, which bolts did you re torque? the 4 wishbone bolts?
everything, we had the whole front suspension off so anything i had undone was then checked and re-torqued...

only took about 10 mins and was also very reassuring

1 - 9 of 9 Posts