Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there a knocking noise comming from under the car but only does it when i ease off on the throttol!

i've checked the bushers and thay are fine! i've checked the exhauset and thats fine! had the car on the ramps, checked underneath and i can not find anything lose!!!

has anyone ever expereance this problem????

only thing i can think of is either anti roll bar or engine mounts!

just thinking if its safe anouth to drive to duxford and back from north wales!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Hi Andy, my V6 has the same problem, have replaced an engine mount, still there... then replaced front tyres, seemed to ease problem but now a few months later the problem is back! anybody any ideas?
Andy said:
there a knocking noise comming from under the car but only does it when i ease off on the throttol!

i've checked the bushers and thay are fine! i've checked the exhauset and thats fine! had the car on the ramps, checked underneath and i can not find anything lose!!!

has anyone ever expereance this problem????

only thing i can think of is either anti roll bar or engine mounts!

just thinking if its safe anouth to drive to duxford and back from north wales!
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anti-roll bar links
Wishbones
TRE's
Steering column
Wheels not bolted on properly (don't laugh, I've had that!)
Suspension tops
Shocks
engine mounts
etc
etc
etc

:D

wrinx
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:eek: Initial stage of a driveshaft CV joint going,it will get worse the further you drive and eventually the noise will be constant......and rather embarrassing :rolleyes:

:eek: Happened to me recently anyway ;)
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problem located! its the upper strut bearing are fecked, on both sides :rolleyes: don't how safe it is to drive it like that! is it easy to chainge?

but! at least i know what it is now :)

how i found out was! i jacked up the car placed axel stands underneath a shuck the front wheels as hard as i could moving it back and too up and down, i heard a clicking sound comming from the top of the strut

i hope this helps you pipedip ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Andy said:
problem located! its the upper strut bearing are fecked, on both sides :rolleyes: don't how safe it is to drive it like that! is it easy to chainge?

but! at least i know what it is now :)

how i found out was! i jacked up the car placed axel stands underneath a shuck the front wheels as hard as i could moving it back and too up and down, i heard a clicking sound comming from the top of the strut

i hope this helps you pipedip ;)
:) Nice one Andy! I'll Check that out on mine...
Hope it's not gonna cost a fortune, the wife won't be too chuffed! :tut:
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pipadip said:
:) Nice one Andy! I'll Check that out on mine...
Hope it's not gonna cost a fortune, the wife won't be too chuffed! :tut:
if u can do it your self its £35 each for the part but i think u can get um cheeper!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top