Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 156 selespeed 2000 model, and have an intermitent knocking noise and vibration felt in the pedals in the footwell. I have spent a fortune changing the upper and lower wishbones and droplinks, anti-roll bar, steering rack, and brake discs/pads over the last 6 months. Three separate garages have not managed to solve the issue. It still knocks at low speeds, over undulating and uneven road surfaces. No creaking noises after upper wishbones were replaced. Any ideas?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I must agree , the only problem is that you cannot tell if the mount is gone just by looking at it. I had a broken engine mount and we could only tell that it was broken once we had removed it . A pain in the bum if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Mate as your in dorset get yourself to italian auto spares and repairs at the nuffield industrial estate poole.
They have a 156 selle on there forcourt and would be happy to swap the engine mounts over and try and solve the problem. it will save you a fortune trying to guess.
I had exactly the same problem on my old sellespeed but i sold it before they had a chance to look at it.
They are very helpfull downthere.
They thought it could have been a mount and were going to swap the mounts over to try and find out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgive my ignorance, but would engine mounts vibrate when the car is in neutral and coasting on the road? If so, then it might be the solution. I presume it is just trial and error changing stuff that could be the problem. It seems so ridiculous!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must agree , the only problem is that you cannot tell if the mount is gone just by looking at it. I had a broken engine mount and we could only tell that it was broken once we had removed it . A pain in the bum if you ask me.
Did you have the same knocking noise before the replacement?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts