Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AROC SS is once again to host a track evening at Knockhill- 13th April 2007- yes that's Friday the 13th- 6-8pm;)

For once, plans are afoot to allocate all places as the club has run this event at considerable loss lately. This has been largely due to trying to keep as much Italian cars only, a good standard of driving and poor advertising.

Because it is hoped to fill the places (maximum 45 to keep an open pit) or at least break even, then anyone wishing to participate should prebook and prepay. It's £50 in advance or £60 on the night and £25 for an additional driver.

I can answer further questions, but for anyone wishing to book, please PM me and I'll pass on the prebook/prepay details.

Hopefully this event will be good enough to secure the future of Knockhill track evenings. If it's really good, perhaps the club could even reduce the cost as the idea is not to actually make money, but simply to break even.;)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm afraid that as there has been little interest in this one, it's now about the time to open this event up to non-Italian car owners.

If people want to pre-book to make sure there is a place available, please PM me now. It would be cheaper also.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Cant believe it! I'm in Barcelona that weekend, would have been well up for getting my 75 on the track!!! :(

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hi Ally,will definately come along and support,(too chicken to use my car on track :p )
I`ll bring camera & a flask ;)

M

·
0 Posts
I hope to make this in the Stealth Mobile. this time it's remapped so hopefully the car will do well.

I have a couple of problems though :( .....

1. I might be in Ireland working
2. Need to replace those bloody awful SuperAlfa discs that you saw go bright blue the last time, and I'm in Ireland from Sunday night till...well hopefully I'll be back for Knockhill !!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like this event may just be quite well supported! Various Alfas from a Sud, Sud Sprint, Bertone, 75 to a 155, 156s, GT and a GTV. Others will include an Integrale, VX220, Caterham, Elises and some Japanese sports cars.

That's just the stuff I know about and not the on the day stuff.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did Knockhill happen on 13th. April? Only bought the GTV on march 30th. Too soon for me... took a while to re-learn to drive.. 30 years of Company diesels. 27 years actually, just counted back, its great being old...we know everything!!! have driven Knockhill in Formula Ford couple of years ago, great circuit and would make the trip from Newcastle given the chance to induce brake fade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts