Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any plans for an alfa romeo knockhill trackday/evening this year? haven't made previous years and i had hoped to make one but i dont see any plans??? :(

·
Registered
862 Posts
I would be well up for that!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The folks from AROC should inform us of dates for their track nights soon, they were meeting to agree event dates for the year recently. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
The cost is £60 paid on the night for the 1st driver and £30 for the
second driver . There is also a cost for passengers of £10.

D

·
0 Posts
Hi

I am interested in taking the 156 up to this.

Does anyone know whether its restricted to AROC members only and a contact for registration for the night ( if required ) ?

Cheers

Dav

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Its usually open to all Dav.
You could try sending Jackie from AROC a pm, she is username bp1000 on here.

D

·
0 Posts
Hi folks,

Per P17SUT's suggestion to pm above, I'll attach the replies I got from BP1000 in case anyone is interested

"the event is open to all. Just give me your name, car and how many people and I'll add you to the list.

Jackie"
and

"Hi Dav,

The briefing starts about 5.30ish and track time runs between 6 and 8. Yes you will need to bring your driving licences and crash helmets."

HTH

Dav

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I cant make this one. :(
Be sure to post up some pics folks!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm im a little bit reluctant to go if its open to all last time i was there it was full of idiot tearing about in £500 saxos, corsas etc which made me cringe going into every braking zone. still might pop along tho.

D

·
0 Posts
hmmm im a little bit reluctant to go if its open to all last time i was there it was full of idiot tearing about in £500 saxos, corsas etc which made me cringe going into every braking zone. still might pop along tho.
I dont think thats going to be a problem - my question was related to whether it was AROC members only or whather AO wefre welcome rather than an "open" hot hatch affair.

The night isnt advertised on the Knockhill web site.

Last August's was mostly Alfas and Fiat Coupes iirc

HTH

Dav

·
Registered
41 Posts
You obviously have the wrong event. We have never had £500 saxos or corsas driving like idiots. All our attendees are scrutinised beforehand. It is not a free for all hot hatch day as implied and I as the organiser take offence to that remark that we would allow disrespectful driving at any of our events.

Jackie
AROC Scottish Section

·
Registered
774 Posts
No. Alfas only (and the odd Fiat Coupe) and everyone drives in a safe respectful manner :) As Jackie said.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts