Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Looks fun! :cool::thumbs:

How did the two 'cars' compare :confused: (is it a 'funny car' thingy BTW :confused: )

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
:cool: .................and no rain either :lol:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
We got some great weather at the moment in the UK.

Sun, sun and more sun. :cool::thumbs:

Some red skin on everyone this Monday morning though :lol:

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seat Leon Cupra and "American Legends" race car. The Legends car had a 1200cc (I think) motor bike engine and a sequential box in a space frame chassis and some body panels to make it look kind of hot-roddish. The SEAT was a lot quicker actually but the rawness of the Legends car was great fun. Too short a stint at the wheel though - just getting used to the car and the general driving environment when it was time to come off.

Next up - EVO X and Ferrari F355 experience at Loughborough. Probably be doing this at the end of June.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Ooooo nice :cool::thumbs:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Seat Leon Cupra and "American Legends" race car. The Legends car had a 1200cc (I think) motor bike engine and a sequential box in a space frame chassis and some body panels to make it look kind of hot-roddish. The SEAT was a lot quicker actually but the rawness of the Legends car was great fun. Too short a stint at the wheel though - just getting used to the car and the general driving environment when it was time to come off.

Next up - EVO X and Ferrari F355 experience at Loughborough. Probably be doing this at the end of June.
I think Knockhill used to do a longer time on the track, I did their Race / Rally day there a long time ago. Now I feel they just want you to get into the feel of the car and then bring you in before you push things too far.

When I did the rally experience the woman instructor just kept getting me to push the car further and further and a large number of laps..................when my time was up I could hardly stand up when I got out the car and huge grin from ear to ear............took some time for the adrenaline to subside :D

Have also driven the F355 at Knockhill.........great car but again 5 or so laps is just enough to get the hang of the offset pedals, gear selector gate and pedal pressures and then just as you get comfortable with the feel of the car its time to come in. The F355 has awesome grip :cool:

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree - not much time in the cars but I think the reason is it's just such a popular event. The track was full of cars including the Fezza, these american legends thingeys, single seaters, a double-seater, the Seat Leons and even an Alhambra (An instructor took you round in this to show you what goes wrong if you get the lines wrong). I guess the time is limited so that the track gets the turnover.

The most frustrating thing was that a very slow single seater came out of the pits in front of me on my last lap, just as I was winding up to give it everything. I was stuck behind it and the ferrari until just before the last corner and then had to come off.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Yea god Gib! :eek::wow: Thats so very wrong! You're such a Fraser :tut::vomit:

;)

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
529 Posts
The Legends car had a 1200cc (I think) motor bike engine and a sequential box in a space frame chassis and some body panels to make it look kind of hot-roddish.
The Legends use a Suzuki Hayabusa engine - 1300cc.

I agree - not much time in the cars but I think the reason is it's just such a popular event. The track was full of cars including the Fezza, these american legends thingeys, single seaters, a double-seater, the Seat Leons and even an Alhambra (An instructor took you round in this to show you what goes wrong if you get the lines wrong). I guess the time is limited so that the track gets the turnover.

The most frustrating thing was that a very slow single seater came out of the pits in front of me on my last lap, just as I was winding up to give it everything. I was stuck behind it and the ferrari until just before the last corner and then had to come off.
I'm pretty sure Knockhill now do extra laps for an additional fee. If you keep the car out of the gravel and on the tarmac for your regular 5 or 6 laps, they will take the limiter of the car for an additional 5 unlimited (i.e. no rev limiter) laps. Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm pretty sure Knockhill now do extra laps for an additional fee. If you keep the car out of the gravel and on the tarmac for your regular 5 or 6 laps, they will take the limiter of the car for an additional 5 unlimited (i.e. no rev limiter) laps. Sounds good to me!
That wasn't mentioned at all :(. Maybe they were too busy that day.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
If you're down in Loughborough, make sure to let us know:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts