Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mkay, wanna use the 3 wire knock sensors from my 166 cf2 3.0 engine on my cf3 156 2.5 v6 loom(white 2 pin female plug).

Is this possible? I know the 2 wire is vsig + and vsig- where 3 wire has extra shield pin on pin 3.

TIA

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
Knock sensors, engine loom & ECU should be kept from the original 156 2.5 V6 engine, fit all the sensors/wiring from this engine to the bare 3.0 block (apart from injectors), thats the correct way to do it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knock sensors, engine loom & ECU should be kept from the original 156 2.5 V6 engine, fit all the sensors/wiring from this engine to the bare 3.0 block (apart from injectors), thats the correct way to do it.
It's okay, I didn't do the conversion, hence why I needed info regarding using cf2 knocks with cf3 harness.

Some interesting info regarding the knocks that I discovered if anyone is interested:

3 wire and 2 wire are pretty much the same. the extra wire on 3 wire is merely shielding, which the 2 wire also has but terminates back onto the vsig- (signal ground wire) before the connector block.

Use pin 1(vsig+) and pin 2(vsig-) on either connector blocks, engine and sensor sides.

MES gives no knock errors and me butt dyno agrees

1 - 3 of 3 Posts