Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whipped off the sump to check the extent. (I say that like it was a 5 minute job)

Unfortunately looks like the crank has seen better days, I'm tempted to just try some emery cloth but the housing doesn't look too clever either :depressed:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the dreaded bottom end knock. I appreciate the offer but haven't really got the motivation to swap the crank out, last time I tried I couldn't get the big bolt out so gave up and scrapped the block :depressed:

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
My Gtv has got mouldy a pillars and seal belt surrounds lol! The lower metal support below the rad is rusty and needs replacing and the driver door cracks when opened. The spider need cv joint/driveshaft. I'm sure more but that's of the top of my head lol

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You can sometimes stop the crack noise by just replacing the roll pin if the hole in the arm of the checkstrap ID not worn. The whole check strap mechanism is available new from eb spares but will only fit phase 2 easily. I had to widen the hole in the door to get it to go through on my phase 1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts