Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody hell: HOW MUCH!!!!????

Just bought 2 square stainless pedal bins with black plastic tops/bottoms.
(One for recyc. one for "ordures". ;) )

€80 a pop! And they were on the cheap side!!

There were ones for €350!! For a bin. To put garbage in.
WTF!?!

:confused: :eek:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Would rather use a plastic bag pinned to something than pay that sort of money for a bin. As you say all it is for is to put rubbish in. Not exactly an exotic piece of machinery the kitchen bin.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm i went to someones house a while ago where they had an electric bin :rolleyes:

any nev maybe you should go somewhere other than harrods or whatever the french equivalent is :p

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was going to go to Ikea, but it's just too far.
Habitat was extortionate and they looked mechanically flimsy.
(OXO brand, who I noticed are doing a lot of kitchen stuff when I was over in the US.)

Got mine from Gallerie Lafayette, which was just as cheap as Carrefour in the end. :p
(i.e. Not cheap.)

Had the same blue plastic dustbin one for 12 years. So as long as I don't
have to buy another for the next 12 I suppose it's acceptable.

·
Super Moderator
44,737 Posts
You're dead right, they do cost a fortune for some reason.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bloody hell: HOW MUCH!!!!????

Just bought 2 square stainless pedal bins with black plastic tops/bottoms.
(One for recyc. one for "ordures". ;) )

€80 a pop! And they were on the cheap side!!

There were ones for €350!! For a bin. To put garbage in.
WTF!?!

:confused: :eek:
€350!!! You can buy a 156 for that on autotrader!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I paid £80 for a kitchen bin. It fits in a corner, so there isn't much choice and 'er indoors got tired of the Tesco bag over the door handle for some reason..

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
bought an £80 one with one of those fancy lids that flips up if you touch it. it was complete and utter borrocks so i took it back to the shop and got a refund. then went straight to wilko's and bought a big plastic swing bin for £7, and it's ace - purity of purpose at it's very best

·
Registered
764 Posts
bought an £80 one with one of those fancy lids that flips up if you touch it. it was complete and utter borrocks so i took it back to the shop and got a refund. then went straight to wilko's and bought a big plastic swing bin for £7, and it's ace - purity of purpose at it's very best
Glad you posted this now, you've just saved me £80. I was going to get one this week. The lid snapped off the last one after 3 months, unfortunately I bought it from Woolworths who went boobs up in the meantime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts