Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an intercooler kit front for my 156 JTDm that is cheap. Not like the pensotech which is quite expensive.
Where can I get?
Sorry for my bad english because I,m spanish.:(
Thank you

D

·
0 Posts
If you can find an EVO Intercooler get that plenty big enough for 400bhp and they are cheap. Only thing would is getting the piping for the IC.

D

·
0 Posts
Emm, what about a cheap kit for a Jap car and adapting it for yourself you can get Autobahn kits for SR20DET for like 900 euro they are good kits and cheap. Then find the extra pieces of piping.

There has to be someone in Spain that can sort you out with pipes?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
that looks like a 550/600x180mm core, the sort of stuff you get on ebay for 70quid.

Again, buy a piping kit from there too and get all the pipes welded up to make the longest continous straight you can. 2.25" should do.

You may need to chop and alter the turbo exit housing to point to the other side for the intercooler, easy to do, done often and reduces the bends.

On the pre facelift, a bmper cut would be required, later cars seem to have much more depth to the bumper, measure it and see...

BTW, going under the bar yo can fit a 880x190x90mm core (exc. endtanks) with some serious bumper mods.
Or fit a 600x400(500)x45mm cre if you move the rads a little - behind the bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts