Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't wanna TJ so this is basically what i have done to my MiTo thus far wrt modz and stuff....

THE FILTER - 1st thing I ever changed on this car.
Drop in K&N, i changed it a few weeks after having the car and there was a difference in sound, dumping and more noticeable on the air being sucked in...:biglaugh:

THE HEAD UNIT...I did alot of home work on this before going ahead and purchasing anything.Once satisfied with the research and the answers i got wrt steering control, i fitted in a JVC KW-AV946 DD (bought locally - trim plates and cabling imported)this had a much better output and a built in cross over, so it made the stock speakers sound so much better, it had camera inputs so i said why not since i had no PDC.it was a simple install and fitted very neatly into the spot which should be housing a PDC sensor..

THE LIGHTING interior lights where dull and it looked old, so i got a set of LED's which made a huge difference inside, brighter fresh look, the 1st set i had seemed too have stayed on very dim,i noticed it one night, got another set which also came with a heatsink...worked perfect..i have LED for the foot wells just need to fit them, i want them to come on and dim off with the interior lights.The headlight bulbs have been changed to osrams night breaker+.

THE RACE CHIP -it added that extra punch to it, i think it should have had that kinda power from factory, the chip is addictive, and i was worried about warranty and didnt want to got the software route. plug n play was simple,easy to undo when car went in. It did give me issues when i went down to Durban, however it has been updated with new software.

THE SUBWOOFER - car was missing bass so I added a 10' sub, didnt want anything too loud, i had my days with 4 X 12's and roofs wobbling.

THE DIY - I had nicked a pillar damaging the front right fender liner and scratching the bumper, so i plastidiped the bottom matt black and replaced the liner, i made my own front lip and added a chrome strip on the rear bootlid.

THE SHORT SHIFTER - this was a simple fit - some Q20 and it was fitted in like 20 minutes. Locktite is a must on the shifter.got this from Redline

THE DOWN PIPE - bought this last year, no body could have it flitted during December, it sat at home for a while as i had no time, eventually got it fitted, and DAM! it sounds so nice now.I'm running it in and the chip as the battery was disconnected, but there is power increase that's noticeable.
The tone has changed its not too loud, the turbo whistle is louder and it revs freely.This should have been a 1st mod, the cat is kak....decat or DP.....get rid of it.

NEXT - software and maybe get it lowered...or vice versa...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEiDZe593_A tone with DP

:thumbup:Mind spelling and grammer:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
that is SO nice...and that GTV is even nicer!!! Love the Double DIN!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
nice one benny!

dont forget the pro nutro

·
Registered
454 Posts
shut up,

lol

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys... Claw just spend it.. Or atleast do dp.. Excuse- its not for performance, its to save the turbo.. (which is kinda truth)

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
well if i can find dam flanges for the MA engine i can get DP made

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
If you can get a 3d Drawing of the flanges, I can 3D print them in PLA plastic and we can have them machined from there.....

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
All I need is someone to loan me theirs

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Same thing. The v band is the clamp to the flange

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought mine from Lee. Would have learnt you mine but i sent it in with everything so they can put it together and save time. But it still took like 5/6 hours.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts