Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it get any better than that?:thumbs:
I took a trip over the lakes in Alfie on saturday. The weather was excellent and Alfie was behaving beautifully.
On the way back I decided to take a look over Kirkstone pass and what a reward it was :wow:

I've driven it a lot of times in many different marques of performance orientated cars but it was always, always a challenge..... Scrabbling for grip, not sure what would happen on the next bend???? Unsure with the twitchiness many cars have when pushed.......!:confused:

Now I know what the 156 is all about, it was purely effortless. From corner to corner, braking point to the next burst of throttle.... Pure perfection:D

I've driven Alfie as a daily car since I bought him and it has behaved as I expected but on that road it just turned into a totally different car ;)

If I didn't know any better I would honestly have thought that the suspension,brakes, gears and steering were laready set up just for that stretch of road:thumbs:

Sorry to go on and on but it was a joy to behold.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Did you go up the struggle from ambleside or the long route from windermere.

The struggle was on a program on bbc2 the other night about britains best drives with victor meldrew in a TR3 :cool:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turned up from Ambleside I think m8. It is a wierd cross junction then striaght into the long climb. It didn't seem much of a struggle though:lol: I pulled over for a good five minutes once past the houses on the left and gave myself plenty of space between cars going up... Once totally clear, let rip and was rewarded. Ullswater at the far end was beautiful according to the missus, I wouldn't know... too busy having fun:lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts