Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks....waiting patiently for xbox one and just read that the Kinect cable is only 9.5ft long. As i connect to a projector i need at least 15ft of cable. For the life of me i can not find a single thing on the web that suggests any type of cable extension is available.

Anyone else with same problem, what you going to go?

R

·
0 Posts
I might be missing something here and being particularly thick but rather than extend the Kinect cable why not just run a longer HDMI from the XBox to the projector ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem is the kinect sensor has to be positioned beside projector screen, that is 15ft away from my rack where both my xbox and projector are positioned

R

·
0 Posts
Understood

But sounds like in the absence of a compatible extension cable that your only option is to take the Xbox out of the rack, move it nearer to the screen and run a longer HDMI back to the proj.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I suspect part of the issue will be the response time as it will decrease with a longer cable and they've only tested it up to circa 9.5ft (just a semi-educated guess). That said, you may be able to get some form of extension cable in future that will not have such an issue (I guess it also depends what information it is actually transmitting).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts