Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm almost buy an Alfa Romeo giulietta 1.6 jtd-m2 from 2011 and today I've done a test drive. I love the car and his handling but I'm a bit worried with a thing. I've noted that in the test drive with dynamic mode on, when I speed down and speed up again I have felt a strong knock . The car don't speed up smoothly again after a speed down.. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
You should notice exactly the same in other modes although it may feel slightly enhanced in 'D' due to the extra torque available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should notice exactly the same in other modes although it may feel slightly enhanced in 'D' due to the extra torque available.
Hi guys,

I didn't test the giulietta in normal mode, only in dynamic. But if this happens too in normal mode, is this a normal behavior?

Regards

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Is this an audible knock, like others are suggesting suspension / drive train noise or just a description of the motion of the car? What gears did you experience this in, 2 and 3 in my car are extremely good, accelerate really hard and come off the throttle and your passenger will go through the front window! It's just the extra torque available and the especially shortened span leading to a more responsive throttle in D mode.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys,

I think that i've noticed that when i'm in 4th gear with dynamic mode on (i cant claim that this happens in normal mode too because i didnt test this). I didnt remember well the sound but i think that is only a kind of strong motion of the car, but i think too that the sound of the engine in that instant was a bit different.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Mine does this due to a wearing inner CV joint on the passenger side. No it's not normal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
simple checks first!

I just bought a 15 plate JTDM2 2.0 with delivery miles only. I too was a bit disturbed by a knocking sound when going from acceleration to deceleration in 'D' Mode. There is so much low-down torque - especially when town driving the car can get quite 'lurchy' and is probably not good overall for wear & tear on Engine/Gearbox mounts, CV Joints, Clutch and DMF - so I only use 'D' mode when traveling at a reasonable speed and higher gears when the torque is delivered more smoothly.

Anyway - back to the point - it turned out it was just the locking wheel nut adapter being thrown about in the glovebox. :biglaugh:

Now done 2000 miles in it and loving it so far, though hoping it will 'wake up' a bit higher up the revs as it beds down and runs in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts