Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a vodafone customer for getting on for 10 years, so thought I'd look at them for getting 2 iPhones (yes 2) ... Orange are cheaper so I thought that I'd be able to get them to budge on price ... I ended up having a right go at the bloke on the phone because all he could say was "Vodafone are better", there is no way that I'm going to pay full RRP when I've been giving them a hell of a lot of money for that amount of time.:mad::mad:

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Tell them you want to quit your contract and you'll get to speak to someone who will offer you a deal not to.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
i had the same experience with vodafone. i too had been a customer for over 10 years, and when they wouldn't give me the phone i wanted for free, they said it was for new customers only! so i promptly cancelled my contract, and then went into the vodafone shop to sign up again, get the new phone for free, and get a better package thrown in! it would have been cheaper for them to give the phone to me in the first place!
the guy in the shop told me it was great for the stores as the cancelled contract doesn't show up against them, but the new customer signing back on does, so they look good! wtf is going on with these cockeyed companies these days!!??

edit: just seen the above post. when i thrreatened to do that the guy said "ok, i'll put you through to the cancellations department" oops, that backfired on me :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell them you want to quit your contract and you'll get to speak to someone who will offer you a deal not to.

I did and he didn't pass me through ... in fact I've now sent off 2 emails cancelling both accounts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy was basically trying to blackmail me by saying that even if I cancelled now it would take 2 months to come through ... which is bs.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
it was great for the stores as the cancelled contract doesn't show up against them, but the new customer signing back on does, so they look good! wtf is going on with these cockeyed companies these days!!??
Like Sky TV. Its all about how many new customers have been created and therefore perceived market share :rolleyes:

I know where you're coming from though :rant:

J

·
0 Posts
I've been a vodafone customer for getting on for 10 years, so thought I'd look at them for getting 2 iPhones (yes 2) ... Orange are cheaper so I thought that I'd be able to get them to budge on price ... I ended up having a right go at the bloke on the phone because all he could say was "Vodafone are better", there is no way that I'm going to pay full RRP when I've been giving them a hell of a lot of money for that amount of time.:mad::mad:
I've been an Orange customer for over 10 years and was a member of staff for 5 years, i tried the same approach when i ordered my iPhone and was told in no uncertain terms...No!!

The fact is this is a phone that is in demand and Voda, like Orange and O2 before them will say no knowing that you will either carry out your threat or pay their price, and most people would pay the price.

There is no reward for loyalty these days, it almost pays to move about once in a while in order to shake things up a bit

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been an Orange customer for over 10 years and was a member of staff for 5 years, i tried the same approach when i ordered my iPhone and was told in no uncertain terms...No!!

The fact is this is a phone that is in demand and Voda, like Orange and O2 before them will say no knowing that you will either carry out your threat or pay their price, and most people would pay the price.

There is no reward for loyalty these days, it almost pays to move about once in a while in order to shake things up a bit

the thing is for me the Orange contract is better value so looks like I'm best to move anyway ...

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would imagine Vodafone are having to pay huge fees in order to have use of the iphone on their network, and as they are in such demand they won't budge on the prices.

Give it a few months, and I bet they willl all be doing deals on the Iphone etc, supply and demand

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would imagine Vodafone are having to pay huge fees in order to have use of the iphone on their network, and as they are in such demand they won't budge on the prices.

Give it a few months, and I bet they willl all be doing deals on the Iphone etc, supply and demand
as are Orange ... well vodafone will be loosing 2k from me over the next 2 years

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Iv been with Vodafone for 8 years, and im gonna cancel my contract with them this year, iv always had problems with the customer services and the upgrade bullpoo, but i have chose to stay with them as the signal around the country is one of the best, and i go to some remote places. I think 02 are good for signal, but as far as Orange and T Mobile go they cant get a signal in my house.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I went round the mobile shops today to look in detail at the offers, and it looks like for me Vodafone were actually the best deal :(

(also I couldn't stand the Chav's selling the phones in phones4U, orange and O2 ... let alone the salesman who tried to convince me that a phone running windows mobile was better, he was still talking as I walked out of the empty shop)

So got 2 ordered :thumbs: ETA 15th Jan

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
So you stayed with Vodafone? I guess its like a bank account, no matter what happens you never change it.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So you stayed with Vodafone? I guess its like a bank account, no matter what happens you never change it.
only because it was the best for me ... I've changed banks when I've found better deals elsewhere (although can't beat the 1.25% I'm paying on my mortgage to change ;))

N

·
0 Posts
Orange are rubbish in terms of coverage especially in
far flung corners. (Inc here & UK)

My dad had to use my mum's Vodaphone for the NewYears call this AM.
They're in Scotland.

;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts