Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I sold a Lotus Excel back in the late 80's for the same reasons. I've regretted it ever since.
If you can hang on to the GTV, good 916's are about to shoot up in value for sure.
Atb,Alex

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me about it, I reckon good examples will be future classics.

I moved to a house without a garage a couple of years ago. Previously I've just sorn and stored it.

It'll be a shame to see it go - great smiles to pounds ratio - even my 2 year old insists in traveling in it over his mothers car.

Maybe I'll buy it back someday...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
A sleeper that can fit 3 kids.....saab 95 2.3t station wagon

Remap for extra fun
Keep it on the triangle alloys for added sleepernish.
Humongous boot.
Will also fit a years shopping plus the dog in the boot and looks like a slow piece of ****e.
Friend of mine has bought one recently and looked into the price of a remap of a well respected saab chap in Nottingham. For under 200 pounds, the remap would take it from 185hp and 280nm of torque to 235hp and 380nm of torque.
You can't get much more sleeper than that

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I like the sound of that. There's no way I'm getting a dog. Three kids is plenty.
Haha, wait til they start pestering you for one and herself tells you what to dog...Thats how i got my dog....well that and the fact that he stole by grandfathers false teeth :cheese:
he was promptly shipped of to us then.

They're such as sleeper car, and car guys give you street cred.
They do have a problem with the oil system, involving a sump drop. My friend did it to his in the first few days of ownership over a period of two days. All worked out successfully for him, had he not the car would have been kaput in a matter of weeks. Outside of that then they're fine. He's no mechanic either, a good old haynes manual got him through the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts