Well stung?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Car & Driver

"What we can say is that the Stinger GT, which trades the base 255-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four for a twin-turbo 3.3-liter V-6 making 365 horsepower, feels like a car built by people who like cars"

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
More good reviews.

·
Premium Member
77,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kia are another far-eastern company who really know what they're doing.

Every other car I see on the motorway seems to be a new Sportage. Aggressive nose reminds me of a big Porsche SUV, but better.

·
Registered
14,426 Posts
I'd drive one quite happily but I don't think it's cool. It's too sensible.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Kia have got some good stuff coming out. Better when you concentrate on design as a perceived underdog than being a lazy overconfident manufacturer.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Kia have come a long way from the "Pride". Just goes to show what can be done if the will to do it is there.

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
I don't want to like it.
Me too, what's more I voted cool. I don't normally believe any new car should ever be cool but it's a Kia (which admittedly is not like Kia of old) but still not widely accepted as a good make of car. There are many car snobs (me included probably) that won't buy them.
I don't really think it looks that good but apparently drives very well and looks quite capable.

My mate at work has a Kia GT (Think it's a C'eed) with 200bhp from it's 1.6 engine. It's pretty smart inside too, conversely the manager and another colleague have a Sportage and I'm not as keen.

·
Registered
24,524 Posts
It looks quite smart. It might go quite well. But isn't cool.
Sorry. They aren't necessarily connected, nor are they mutually exclusive.

I sort of like it when I don't really want to. It just doesn't have that je ne sais quoi.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts