Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's experience with thier keyless entry, where the car recognises the presence of the fob without pressing its buttons?

I find the feature useful especially now in the colder days, but mine works 7 times out of 10. On the occasions in doesn't work I make sure to wave the fob near the window, but still the car doesn't recognise the fob and I have to open by pressing the button. I've tried both keyfobs and it doesn't make a difference.

What are the factors which make the system work more consistently?

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Thank you. The battery questino crossed my mind of course but they are both new.
yes, but you never know how old the batteries are ;)
Easy to try fresh one(s), just in case.

Must say I simply disabled the keyless entry on my car, as I find it easier to just push the button on the fob, and because of security concerns.....

·
Registered
754 Posts
maybe place where you keep your key fob is full of other metal items - say like in pocket but with mobile phone, wallet, keys etc. That makes difference. When I got Giulia, I was experiencing issues with ignition - car could not see key. But I kept it in my jeans right pocket with mobile phone and home/office keys. I moved the key into left pocket, where I have only wallet, but key lands below wallet, and no problem since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts